Thanks for the replies!
So first thing I learned, is that the 07 and up Vstroms actually need the clutch safety switch for the bike to run properly. I had infact by-passed mine because I was using an aftermarket lever. I started by swapping that back and re-connecting the clutch switch.
Second thing I did was pull the three easily accessible plugs. They were nasty. Two were just very dark/fouled, but one of them had a bit of oil/build up on it. I cleaned them, and am going to buy some new plugs today and swap them. After cleaning the plugs last night, the bike started and ran pretty well. I rode it to work today without incident except for a couple very small hiccups. I'm not convinced I've totally solved teh pro
Admittedly my fuel-flow inspection was visual, not scientific. I was mostly looking for steady/strong flow in the upright position, rather than a true volume/time interval measurement. It wouldn't hurt to do that.
The low-pressure fuel was quite dark, and after soaking it in acetone and running some compressed air through it, I got a good amount of fine residue out of it. Nothing crazy, but it was definitely dirty.
I can't confirm base idle speed right now, because I've swapped the dash for a Trail-Tech Vapor, because I decided to go the Thinstrom route after I did some facial destruction to the bike last summer. The tach isn't super accurate on the Vapor.
I don't suspect the stand switch, as the problem occurs in neutral, at idle. At the worst points, I could start the bike on the side-stand, and as soon as I stood it upright, whether at idle, or with a bit of throttle held, it would die. And this was repeatable multiple times.
I did check battery terminals. They are clean and tight, and my battery is only a couple months old.
I did a brief electrical inspection last night, and didn't find any loose, damaged, corroded or otherwise questionable electrical items. Other than my plugs looking very old and crusty, the plug wires were all tight and clean.
I'm going to replace the plugs and keep riding. If the problem persists I will start digging deeper into it.
Thanks for all the input!