Well I installed the 847 yesterday on my 2009 650, it took a bit longer than anticipated. Seven hours to be exact.
As on most bikes, space or extra space is few and far between. And I didn't have a wide enough piece of aluminum so I had to rivet three pieces together, about an hour or so of the time. When I removed the bolts of the stock R/R, it virtually would not move 8 mm. Off came the crash bars, plastic, tank and the air box to free up the leads. I found it really tough to locate the 847 in the near vicinity of the stock unit, just no room with the crash bars.
Well here is what I ended up doing.
Yes, I am going to use black bundling wrap around the generator leads.
09 DL650 Silver