This is a really simple and straigtforward installation, especially on '07 and newer DL650's with the unitized throttle reel and switch housing (<-- Thanks for this info, Greywolf!)
These pictures document the installation on a 2010 DL650 SEA Touring.
1. The farkle: Vista Universal Cruise Control for 7/8" handlebars (Model # MCUVOO).
2. If you have OEM handguards installed, you will need to loosen the bar end weight screw and gently push back the handguard clip.
2a: THREAD HIJACK BONUS:
OEM Handguard Installation Guide (PDF)
3. You will need to source the wrenches; Allen keys are supplied with the kit.
4. Installation instructions:
4a. Full installation instructions (PDF):
Vista Universal Cruise Control for 7/8" handlebars (Model # MCUVOO)
5. You will need a parts tray. I use a hubcap from an early '70s Chevrolet that I found in the ditch while walking along the side of the highway near my house.
6. Works as advertised.
7. Place handle bar clamp around handle bar, snug against switch housing. For '07 and later DL650 installs, you do not
need to move brake lever assembly and/or switch assembly to make room for clamp. It just fits right in there!
8. Slide the collar/slip ring assembly over the end of throttle grip against switch housing. Insert correct size rubber filler between slip ring and grip with “JOINT” of filler on bottom side, midway between two set screws.
9. Attach arm to clamp using 7/16 bolt with lock washer. Hand tighten bolts for now. Place thumb lever slot over eye bold, as shown. Depress spring to line up holes, and insert proper length self tapping screw (the short one will work on newer Wees).
10. Tighten 7/16″ bolt between clamp and arm. Rotate Universal Vista to the desired position and tighten handle bar clamp bolts, making sure arm clears switch housing, starter button and kill switch.
11. CRUISE CONTROL ADJUSTMENT
- Twist throttle to half position and thumb lever down to “SET” position. Throttle should hold snugly in this position. Flipping thumb lever to “OFF” position releases cruise control hold, throttle should return to “OFF” position. Tightening nut (A) will increase cruise control hold; loosening nut (A) will decrease cruise control hold.
Always make adjustments ¼ turn at a time in the “SET” position. Always check to assure that throttle can be rotated both ways in “SET” position after adjustment.
Total installation time: 25 - 30 mins., with no modifications to the motorcycle required.