SpeedoHealer: Color me stupid - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
General V-Strom Discussion Talk about all things V-Strom not limited to just one of the above models

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Involute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: I'm a Utard
Posts: 292
SpeedoHealer: Color me stupid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150077502900

I misinterpreted an answer to one of my early questions after buying my 650. Do my failure to comprehend I was convinced that I could not correct the Speedo error with a SpeedoHealer. Because of this I contacted the people in the E-Bay link above and asked them if they were sure that the Unit would work on the 650. They did a little research of their own because they do not want to misrepresent the product and in turn proved to me that I can indeed use one of those with success on my bike. They were very nice about it considering that I technically questioned their integrity. I feel like an idiot now but rest assured my intentions were good. I was hoping I could save someone the grief of buying a misrepresented product. As it turns out I’ve realized that the ignorant should keep their mouth shut. I think I'll need to buy from them since they treated me so well even after I screwed up.

I give it a week before I do something stupid again.

2011 Wee

Last edited by Involute; 01-05-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Involute is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 01-05-2007, 05:25 PM
MightyShep
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Sage Advice

A wise man once said..."It's best to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
post #3 of 6 Old 01-05-2007, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Involute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: I'm a Utard
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyShep View Post
A wise man once said..."It's best to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
Yea yea. My problem is I usually have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. Can someone change my Member Rank to "Big Mouthed Fool"?

2011 Wee
Involute is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 Old 01-05-2007, 06:37 PM
MightyShep
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Involute View Post
Yea yea. My problem is I usually have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. Can someone change my Member Rank to "Big Mouthed Fool"?

post #5 of 6 Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Keith Falkner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 2,353
Don't change your name!

Dear Involute,

Whether you are a tractrix or an arithmetic spiral, please keep your name.

Believe me, the very best thing is to keep on doing stupid things, and you better do them more often than once a week or you will never get your share of them done.

Your indolence would leave more stupid things for me to do, and I am already doing my share and more. Just yesterday, for example, I angered a yuppie in a shiny LEXU$, and he followed me around Venice Florida hollering at me until I had had enough and went off road to find some saner playmates.

When you are finished doing stupid things, you will not actually know about it. People will sit around with long faces, saying nice things about you, and then they will all go out for a drink, and the worst part of that is that they will not take you along.

Hang in there, pal, some of us are actually on your side!
Keith
Keith Falkner is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 01-05-2007, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Involute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: I'm a Utard
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Falkner View Post
Dear Involute,

Whether you are a tractrix or an arithmetic spiral, please keep your name.

Believe me, the very best thing is to keep on doing stupid things, and you better do them more often than once a week or you will never get your share of them done.

Your indolence would leave more stupid things for me to do, and I am already doing my share and more. Just yesterday, for example, I angered a yuppie in a shiny LEXU$, and he followed me around Venice Florida hollering at me until I had had enough and went off road to find some saner playmates.

When you are finished doing stupid things, you will not actually know about it. People will sit around with long faces, saying nice things about you, and then they will all go out for a drink, and the worst part of that is that they will not take you along.

Hang in there, pal, some of us are actually on your side!
Keith

LOL

I see you know what an Involute is. Do you know that one can be made by unrolling toilet paper. Remember, everytime you take a poop you're creating Involutes.

2011 Wee
Involute is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome