Spent the day tinkering
I spent several hours working on my 650 -strom today. I wired an aux power outlet to the battery,mounted the recepticle on the bolt that holds the clutch cable guide.I almost drilled a hole in the fairing, but after carefully mocking up the plug,it looked like the wire from my gps would interfere with the left handguard so I'm glad I did it this way.The hardest part was routing and connecting the wiring,so if I want to change the location,that will be easy.
I also made a change to the windshield. I shimmed out the bottom of the shield[between the shield and the bracket] approx 5/8 of an inch.
I am 6'0 , Use the stock handlbars cut down by 1 inch,and have handguards.
This modification has made an incredible difference! The airflow is soooo smooth now and much quieter.There is no buffeting or turbulence,it is amazing.
I have heard people struggle to get their windshield problems fixed and spend tons of $.
My solution is to go to the hardware store and buy 2 longer bolts for the windshield,and a package of flat rubber faucet repair washers.They are about 1/8 " thick and you can start shimming out the bottom until you get the perfect angle.The mod is totally reversible and will cost only a couple dollars and maybe an hour if you have to try multiple times.