Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wasatch Mnts, Utah
NEP Cruise Control install #$%^&&*....
I am trying to put an NEP throttle lock on my 2012 vStrom 650. I could not get it between the grip and the control module, so I filled off the lip on the edge of the clamp ring as other posts have suggested. It still barely goes in an when it does, I cannot get it tight enough to slip the clamp on. The throttle is so tight it is always locked.
The instruction say some shit about peeling back a flange. Do you have to move the grips? If so how? I loosed the control module but it will not move to allow more room. Why not? Are they simply not compatible with the 2012. Seems like nothing else is, even the accessories that are designed for it. *&^%$#$.
The only f-ing thing that just fit on this bike is the f-ing tires, everything else seems to be a f-ing engineering project. No wonder people buy beamers!!!
Sorry for the rant. I am getting sick of nothing ever working on this bike.
ps--I don't want a go cruise, it uses too much grip space.
• Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
• Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
• Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
• Peruvian Andes (3 months)
• N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months)
• Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)[/SIZE]