Race tech emulators - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
General V-Strom Discussion Talk about all things V-Strom not limited to just one of the above models

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
BlueByU06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Two Wheel Prozac Land
Posts: 78
Race tech emulators

Well I have these R T Emulators.I'd like to know what you guys have come up with for settings.Here's mine 10wt amzoil 150mm blue spring started at 3 turns now at 1 turn.Called R T he said go to one turn and said I could go down to a 1/4 turn.But my thinking is less turns less damping. I'm there and have been for a month.To tell the truth I can't tell the difference over stock.What I'm unhappy with is the sharp edges on the road.Theyr'e are just out of control.And I feel NO damper benfit from RT Emulator.As anybody switched from RT to Ricor and what was the results.I put Ricor system in my friends KLR and U could feel the damping right out of the box, no adjustments.
TIA Bob

[B]2007 ABS Wee Strom
Happiness Is Riding My Two Wheel Prozac
Iron Butt #24837
1000 Sore Saddle
1500 extreme
50cc
#1 distance rider to Moonshine Run in Ill in 2010 on a Wee Strom [/B]
WEE Rule
BlueByU06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Oxblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 703
I have been riuding with the RT emulators since April. I have the .95kg spring, running 15wt oil, and 1.5 turns on the emulator. I love them. The front end tracks so much better, and I can attack a corner with a much steeper angle coming in than before. I also find that the front end does not dive as readily as it used to under hard braking, and it handles stutter bumps a lot better as well.
Oxblood is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
 
V-Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,714
I found that harshness on my setup was reduced by increasing the damping. I switched to the gold springs from blue and I think two turns. 10 weight oil along with .95 springs, I was around 245 at the time (down about 10 lbs since.)

..Tom

2006 DL650: 202,000 km 125,500 miles, Sold
2012 DL650 139,500+ km, 86,700+ miles. Sold
2015 DL1000 New July 2015 200,000+ km, 125,000 miles.

This can help preventing from cars pulling out in front of you (SMIDSY)
SMIDSY detailed report.


V-Tom is online now  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
BlueByU06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Two Wheel Prozac Land
Posts: 78
Tom that what I was thinking I need more damping not less.So U went too the yellow spring.That's interesting.I also have .95 spring up front.I went back & forth between stock & sonic's.I think the damping was better with stock because it allows the travel nessary for proper damping.Too stiff of a spring and U get down no action from the fork which means less damping is happening.Just my 2cent.I'm just a diesel mechanic very well vis in hyd not a supsenion expext. Or spelling..lol
Tia

[B]2007 ABS Wee Strom
Happiness Is Riding My Two Wheel Prozac
Iron Butt #24837
1000 Sore Saddle
1500 extreme
50cc
#1 distance rider to Moonshine Run in Ill in 2010 on a Wee Strom [/B]
WEE Rule

Last edited by BlueByU06; 10-19-2010 at 06:34 PM.
BlueByU06 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 07:28 PM
What Kinda Bike Is That?
 
Black Lab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Desert Island, Maine
Posts: 5,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByU06 View Post
Well I have these R T Emulators.I'd like to know what you guys have come up with for settings.Here's mine 10wt amzoil 150mm blue spring started at 3 turns now at 1 turn.Called R T he said go to one turn and said I could go down to a 1/4 turn.But my thinking is less turns less damping. I'm there and have been for a month.To tell the truth I can't tell the difference over stock.What I'm unhappy with is the sharp edges on the road.Theyr'e are just out of control.And I feel NO damper benfit from RT Emulator.As anybody switched from RT to Ricor and what was the results.I put Ricor system in my friends KLR and U could feel the damping right out of the box, no adjustments.
TIA Bob
I don't want my words to sound rude; they are not intended to be. I would like you to be aware of this resource, "Google": 'site stromtrooper, emulator'

Here you go. Lots of information has already be offered and written. And, there is more. I just copied, from my own Google search for you, two examples below.

The first article is fairly thorough.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-sp...e-strange.html

https://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom-...race-tech.html

2007 DL-650 (I gave away in 2012 with 111,000 + miles)
"A word grows to a thought; a thought to an idea; an idea to an act. All the pieces are put together, and the whole is yours."
1942, Beryl Markham: "West With the Night"
"You can talk about doing a thing until everyone finally talks you out of it, or you can actually do the thing"
James Baldwin "Across Islands and Oceans"
Black Lab is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
BlueByU06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Two Wheel Prozac Land
Posts: 78
Black Lab how do U do the search on Goggle. what do U put in the search box? I tried (site strontrooper,emulator but came up with nothing.Little help please.
Tia Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lab View Post
I don't want my words to sound rude; they are not intended to be. I would like you to be aware of this resource, "Google": 'site stromtrooper, emulator'

Here you go. Lots of information has already be offered and written. And, there is more. I just copied, from my own Google search for you, two examples below.

The first article is fairly thorough.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-sp...e-strange.html

https://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom-...race-tech.html

[B]2007 ABS Wee Strom
Happiness Is Riding My Two Wheel Prozac
Iron Butt #24837
1000 Sore Saddle
1500 extreme
50cc
#1 distance rider to Moonshine Run in Ill in 2010 on a Wee Strom [/B]
WEE Rule
BlueByU06 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 10-20-2010, 04:39 AM
What Kinda Bike Is That?
 
Black Lab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Desert Island, Maine
Posts: 5,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByU06 View Post
Black Lab how do U do the search on Goggle. what do U put in the search box? I tried (site strontrooper,emulator but came up with nothing.Little help please.
Tia Bob
Hello Bob,

Here is a link that explains how: https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-...%2A%2A%2A.html

Here is another link that has more discussion on the topic: https://www.stromtrooper.com/stromtro...ed-search.html

It works nearly everytime. However, some "smaller" things do slip throught the cracks.

BTW, I have emulators installed on my bike as well. Be patient with yourself in figuring out what settings work best for you. You WILL need to experiment a bit to get them dialed in just right for you. But, in the end, you will discover it will be worth it!!!!

Good Luck!

B.L.

2007 DL-650 (I gave away in 2012 with 111,000 + miles)
"A word grows to a thought; a thought to an idea; an idea to an act. All the pieces are put together, and the whole is yours."
1942, Beryl Markham: "West With the Night"
"You can talk about doing a thing until everyone finally talks you out of it, or you can actually do the thing"
James Baldwin "Across Islands and Oceans"
Black Lab is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome