Title is for google search purposes.
So being a little disaponted by the lack of DIY threads on the ScottOiler, Touring kit in paticular, I have decided to do my own write up with pictures.
The PDF DL650 Specific instructions from Scott Oiler were helpful. However, I feel that a hands on guide found here could come in handy as well.
So to start.
Step 1- Remove the seat.
Step 2- Attach little black elbow connector to long thin black hose.
Step 3- Move to the Right side of the bike (brake side.) Sit on the ground if needed and push the radiator hose out away from the engine so you can see up to the throttle body.
Here you will see a little black cap on the throttle body with a silver spring clamp to hold this cap in place. Use a pair of Long needle Nose pliers to pinch the spring clamp and remove (save this, you can use it later). Now pull the rubber nipple cap off with the needle nose pliers.
Step 4- The Brass nipple will be exposed causing a vacuum leak if you were to start the bike. Here is where you connect the black elbow connector with the long black hose.
This location is far easier to reach then the nipple on the left side of the bike.
Step 5- Fish the end of the black hose up behind the wiring harness into the under seat compartment.
Step 6- I suggest you pre-fill your oil reservoirs before installing them. If you make a mess due to inexperience (Like I did) then it won’t be in your storage space, it will be on your work bench.
I tucked my reservoir on top of my tool kit. It fits snuggly. I’m not particularly happy with its current location. But I won’t mind as soon as I get my hard bags because then my tool kit will be in there.
Step 7- find the handy drain hole in bottom corner (clutch side). Get on the ground next to the bike, clutch side and run the length of clear plastic tubing (with the tube guide on the tube already) up through the drain hole to connect to the oiler mechanism.
Step 8- mount the oiling tip appropriately. I used the smallest bracket and mounted at the stock spindle mounts under the chain adjuster. I also cut back the hard black plastic tubing because the full length was unnecessary and difficult to work with.
I initially used silicone to mount the tube guide under the swing arm. It did not hold @ all. So I cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol and used double stick tape. That did the trick. I secured all hose to frame with twist ties and re used the silver spring clamp to secure the clear hose to the oiler mechanism.