2007 V-Strom 650, non-ABS
Currently have 28,000+ miles
Farkles from front to rear:
- Givi windshield and Madstad bracket
- 12-volt socket (front-left fairing)
- NEP-CC4 Throttle lock
- Suzuki hand-guards
- Retro-reflective stickers on hand guards and various other parts
- Garmin Zumo 450 GPS
- Wolfman Explorer Lite tank bag with waterproof cover (in back pocket)
- Sargent saddle
- HJC SyMax II helmet
- Suzuki center stand
- Givi E41 side cases (I also have E21's for smaller trips and daily commuting)
- DID 'gold' chain
- Waterproof duffel bag
- Givi V46 top case
- Metzeler Tourance tires (I avg. 9,000 miles per set; I love these tires)
I run Castrol non-synthetic ACT-EVO X-tra oil and OEM Suzuki oil filters, changing both every 3,000 miles. I use Teflon multi-lube from DuPont on the chain, any time it rains or every 500 miles or so, whichever occurs first.
I tend to run between 250-350 miles per day with this set up on multi-day rides, usually between 5-12 days per trip total. I only seem to get sore (shoulders, ass, wrists) when riding long straight stretches. I never get any kind of physical discomfort when riding the twisties.
I wear an Aerostich Darien jacket, Fieldshear Mercury pants, and Sidi Canyon boots. I only wear Draggin kevlar jeans when it's above 80 degrees out, but everything else remains the same ATGATT get up.
The E41 side cases aren't entirely waterproof, despite marketing claims to the contrary, but they hold a lot. The E21 side cases (not pictured) are waterproof, as well as the V46 top case.