Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums

Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums (https://www.stromtrooper.com/forumindex.php)
-   General V-Strom Discussion (https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/)
-   -   One way to enlarge the capacity of the ADV side boxes (https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/422775-one-way-enlarge-capacity-adv-side-boxes.html)

Webfors 04-11-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripshod (Post 5376907)
Yeah, I use everything I take at least once on every trip. We have tables and chairs and a folding grill so we can cook steaks on a picnic table if we have to. Two cook pots and a coffee press.

Here's what it looks like when we set up. This is at the Aerostich Very Boring Rally in 2013. There are a few extra chairs under the fly because ae had a few visitors the night before.

Great setup!

notacop 04-11-2019 10:22 PM

"Camping to me is the 9th level of Hell."

You are typical of those that don't get off on dirt. It's OK and bless you for keeping the innkeepers employed.
The rest of us wake shivering at dawn and try to do our best to get warm clothes on and make our stoves work and make coffee and watch the sunrise and listen to the world wake with bird sounds.
Some of us are just more primal.

Webfors 04-12-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notacop (Post 5376989)
"Camping to me is the 9th level of Hell."

You are typical of those that don't get off on dirt. It's OK and bless you for keeping the innkeepers employed.
The rest of us wake shivering at dawn and try to do our best to get warm clothes on and make our stoves work and make coffee and watch the sunrise and listen to the world wake with bird sounds.
Some of us are just more primal.

Amen brother!

PerazziMx14 04-12-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notacop (Post 5376989)
"Camping to me is the 9th level of Hell."

You are typical of those that don't get off on dirt. It's OK and bless you for keeping the innkeepers employed.
The rest of us wake shivering at dawn and try to do our best to get warm clothes on and make our stoves work and make coffee and watch the sunrise and listen to the world wake with bird sounds.
Some of us are just more primal.

BRD and groomed fire break roads are not IMO "on dirt" but this is what an overwhelming number of DL owners who go off pavement consider hardcore "dirt" riding. To me gnarly mountainous single track is "on dirt" and after spending a day riding it I am especially thankful for indoor plumbing, a thermostats, cold beer and soft bed.


There are 3 types of people:

1. People who like camping
2. People who tolerate camping
3. People who'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than go camping.

I'm not sure "primal" has anything to do with it.

Ripshod 04-12-2019 09:40 AM

I'm a guy who loves riding and camping equally. This way I get to spread my good habits evenly across our great land.

And I have no desire to take this bike through lots of sloppy stuff on purpose. That's what I have a Super Sherpa for. I can pick that thing up no matter where I drop it. Oh, and it holds a lot of stuff to. Here I am, riding back from camping four nights at the Vintage Festival at BarberMotorsports Park, about 260 miles and six hours away from home:

https://i.imgur.com/Rm5WZ.jpg?1

Note the use of more Ortliebs.

notacop 04-12-2019 10:03 AM

" To me gnarly mountainous single track is "on dirt" "

Beg to differ. With my riding skills when the pavement ends includes any thing that is not paved. Such as the parking area at campground where I've been known to lose footing and park the bike on it's side. You can have the Gnarly and motel, I'll opt for the night sky and the milky way. Camp fires optional.

PerazziMx14 04-12-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notacop (Post 5377165)
" To me gnarly mountainous single track is "on dirt" "

Beg to differ. With my riding skills when the pavement ends includes any thing that is not paved. Such as the parking area at campground where I've been known to lose footing and park the bike on it's side. You can have the Gnarly and motel, I'll opt for the night sky and the milky way. Camp fires optional.

You may beg to differ all you like. That's why I put "to me" not "to us".

StratStrom 04-12-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerazziMx14 (Post 5377099)
I am especially thankful for indoor plumbing, a thermostats, cold beer and soft bed.

My 92 year old grandmother enjoys these same things.

PerazziMx14 04-13-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratStrom (Post 5377525)
My 92 year old grandmother enjoys these same things.

Ah you burly types. Shaving with a Bowie knife, living off the land with you areo press and MSR propane stove. Rehydrating some fancy gourmet food packet using a air pump to blow up you air mattress you. You know really roughing it.

PineLaneRider 04-13-2019 10:09 AM

Well, that deteriorated quickly...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome