Way back in January, I accidentally broke a perfectly good Givi windshield.
A helpful Stromtrooper practically gave me a replacement, a Pat Walsh Designs of roughly the same size, so that's what I've been using since.
I tried to be careful installing it, and indeed managed to get it on my Madstad bracket without a scratch.
However, within a few weeks there were cracks around the right side mounting holes, seen here:
What did I do wrong?
I didn't think I used excessive torque on the mounting screws. I only turned them until the well nuts were compressed a bit. Snug, rather than until I couldn't turn them any more. I used a little blue Loctite to ensure the screws wouldn't loosen over time.
What's weird is that the left side mounting holes are pristine. You'd think that if I had tightened the screws too much, those holes would have cracks too.
FWIW, the windshield only has 4 holes. The Madstad bracket provides places for up to 8 well nuts, and the previous Givi windshield used 6 of them.
I have a California Scientific windshield and 6 new well nuts on the way. I really don't want it to start cracking after install like the PWD did.