In Michigan: Riding on seat of motorcycle; (1) A motorcycle operator must ride upon
a permanent and regular seat attached to that vehicle.
What the heck is a 'regular seat'
?? I did check the definitions section pertaining to "regular seat" & 'upon" and found nothing.
So, if my legs are indeed touching the seat, as well as astride (one on each side), technically I'm interacting with the seat - my legs are upon
the seat. Also, the ordinance does not say which part of the body must 'upon
' the seat - my legs are upon
the seat, and I'm riding......upon
does not necessarily mean directly contacting the horizontal
surface of the seat, but I am still upon
the motorcycle - see examples below!
Examples of "upon"
in a Sentence
- He carefully placed the vase upon the table.
- They built their city upon a cliff overlooking the sea.
- She was seated upon a throne.
- an assault upon traditional values
- She was admitted to his office immediately upon her arrival.
- That kind of behavior is frowned upon.
Sure, it's a Bill Clinton defense, but words matter!