Biker Kicks Car - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
General V-Strom Discussion Talk about all things V-Strom not limited to just one of the above models

 96Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FL's Space Coast
Posts: 307
From the video's comments section -

Debbie vancb2 hours ago
@Zachary Thomas I read in an article that the driver of the silver car changed lanes suddenly, causing him to almost collide with the motorcyclist. The passenger filming this incident then started filming because he had a suspicion something might happen. That's when the motorcyclist kicked the silver car out of rage.

According to this person's reading of an article, the root cause was the cage driver. The motorcyclist reacted badly, and stupidly. Why riders act that way is beyond me. Riders usually lose. In this case, the rider will likely be found and charged with something. Plenty of vids on YouTube.
V-Tom likes this.
remoandiris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 08:04 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
enumclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,784
So much stupidity in that video, starting with the rider. He's lucky to not be a smear in the road. The sedan driver is obviously woefully lacking in skills.

Rob

Ride every day, it's good for you.
07 650A | KLR250(x2) | KLR650 | DRZ400 | FJR
enumclaw is offline  
post #13 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Dragon Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 64
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
Did you notice that the silver car driver lost control because immediately after the boot he veered sharply into the motorcycle? If I heard a bang on my car door I would instinctively pull the opposite way.
I guess that leaving the scene of an accident without stopping to offer assistance is an offense in itself.
maybe he instinctively turned his body to look at the door and thus turned the wheel with him, and into the bang?
Vhawg likes this.

09 DL650A
Dragon Rider is offline  
 
post #14 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 09:42 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pasadna area
Posts: 13,004
Cosmic karma. Unfortunately everyone behind these bobo's now had to contend with a huge traffic back up. That is a very busy section of roadway.
notacop is online now  
post #15 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gateway to Death Valley
Posts: 3,335
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoandiris View Post
From the video's comments section -

Debbie vancb2 hours ago
@Zachary Thomas I read in an article that the driver of the silver car changed lanes suddenly, causing him to almost collide with the motorcyclist. The passenger filming this incident then started filming because he had a suspicion something might happen. That's when the motorcyclist kicked the silver car out of rage.

According to this person's reading of an article, the root cause was the cage driver. The motorcyclist reacted badly, and stupidly. Why riders act that way is beyond me. Riders usually lose. In this case, the rider will likely be found and charged with something. Plenty of vids on YouTube.

The rider's actions were criminal. One can speculate about the silver car but when the rider kicked it that showed willful intent on his part.

At that point you couldn't really say that the driver was trying to hit the biker either. Just lost control would be the defense probably.

Leaving the scene of the injury accident that he (arguably) created raises his actions to felonies also.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13
Spec is offline  
post #16 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 10:55 AM
$tromtrooper
 
iamsmiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lost Angeles, Peoples Republic of California
Posts: 7,608
Garage
It is obvious this is the fault of CAL TRANS for failing to provide motorcycle-only lanes thus forcing us to have to share the car/truck lanes with drivers like that.

I agree with Jimding that the best thing to do is get away from the driving-skill-challenged. You can teach them a lesson but they won't retain it - wastes your time and can put you in danger.

The rider screwed up big time (the kick and leaving the scene) and the driver (like so many) managed to get his car sideways almost immediately. It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to forget physics apply to them too.
Spec and kback like this.
iamsmiling is offline  
post #17 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
The rider's actions were criminal. One can speculate about the silver car but when the rider kicked it that showed willful intent on his part.

At that point you couldn't really say that the driver was trying to hit the biker either. Just lost control would be the defense probably.
I don't see that way at all, and I watched the vid several times over. How exactly did the driver loose control? from a kick? For one, that kick had hardly any force behind it. Not enough to even leave a scuff mark, let alone force the car off the road. That was intentional on the driver's part. He was watching him in his mirror, saw him approaching and was ready to take action. Watch again - the car didn't loose control on the initial swerve. It was on the return where he over-corrected and lost control. It was a quick swerve out and back again. Nothing else could explain that move except that he was either trying to take the biker out, or just scare him at the least. Not saying the biker isn't blameless, though.
V-Tom, chirosyd, VSrider and 6 others like this.

2014 DL650 (sold)
2014 DL1000
mcrag is offline  
post #18 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 12:31 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Macdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ontario Canada/Cairns Aus
Posts: 4,223
He likely lost control from non-existent shocks ....I saw an old woman flip a car into the air at 50 mph by lock to lock panicking and having no shocks....she ended upside down in the bushes....had I not been behind her to see it ...she might have died hanging there upside down as the bushes screened her.

This was a dry road. Looked like something from a movie set ...as did that road rage vid above.

I recall a sci-fi short story a while back ....senior citizens had vid cams feeding direct to police response ....they would sit around "policing" the parks etc and if they pushed a button police would respond and the whole situation already on camera and stored.

Everyone supposedly safer cept the underagers rolling around in the grass bonking.


Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian Feb to May & Aug-Oct each year
Canada 2018 CB500x >2009 CBF1000 sold 10 Wee ABS sold 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold
Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold
Travel photos> https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries Oz riding >https://tinyurl.com/y4c7lm87

Last edited by Macdoc; 06-23-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Macdoc is offline  
post #19 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 12:34 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Brisky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 192
Like others I wish I could see what happened before the video cuts in, but agree either way the biker shouldn't have left the scene. The scary part to me was reading the YouTube comments and seeing how many people said they would have hit the rider intentionally too. Seems a lot of people who don't ride or haven't had friends hurt or killed underestimate how different it is falling off a motorcycle vs a bicycle from their youth.
Vhawg likes this.
Brisky is offline  
post #20 of 88 Old 06-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gateway to Death Valley
Posts: 3,335
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrag View Post
I don't see that way at all, and I watched the vid several times over. How exactly did the driver loose control? from a kick? For one, that kick had hardly any force behind it. Not enough to even leave a scuff mark, let alone force the car off the road. That was intentional on the driver's part. He was watching him in his mirror, saw him approaching and was ready to take action. Watch again - the car didn't loose control on the initial swerve. It was on the return where he over-corrected and lost control. It was a quick swerve out and back again. Nothing else could explain that move except that he was either trying to take the biker out, or just scare him at the least. Not saying the biker isn't blameless, though.

The biker initiates contact. The car driver could say he was startled, thought he was being attacked, jerked his head around to see what happened, etc.

The driver lost control when he over-corrected. He could make a case that it was the actions of the biker that caused his initial reaction.

Supposedly the car cut off the bike earlier but that doesn't prove any sort of intent on the car's part.

Pretty hard to argue from a legal standpoint that the accident wasn't primarily the biker's fault. Especially when he rides away knowing that the accident ensued.
Radish likes this.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13
Spec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome