Gloves - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
General V-Strom Discussion Talk about all things V-Strom not limited to just one of the above models

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-26-2014, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Vhawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NE Alabama
Posts: 465
Garage
Thumbs up Gloves

So I talked my son-in-law out of a pair of these last Spring [he works on an oil rig in the gulf]and I've enjoyed wearing them all Summer. I decided to look them up today and thought I'd share. I have the Hi-viz. some of the finger tips are reflective, the palms are red leather and they seem to have protection in all the right places.
R-14 Mechanics Impact
They are the Mechanics R-14
No affiliation I just like 'em

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2013 DL650
2003 Victory Touring Cruiser
1983 Seca 900
1980 XS 850 triple
1971 Dunstall Norton
1970 Triumph Trophy 500
1972 Honda Trail 90
Vhawg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 09-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
BabaAus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lunenburg, Massachusetts
Posts: 898
THOSE look great! Armored, too, eh?
BabaAus is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 09-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Byronw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 4,824
Looks good, I found these at a gas stop in Idaho years ago, they've been my favorite summer riding gloves since. Not as armored, but comfortable.

Caiman Gloves - Primax Mfg. and Trading, Inc. : Multi-Activity Gloves

I have the white goat grain, nice leather.

http://www.caimangloves.com/gloves/m...vis-reflective
Byronw is online now  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 09-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
randyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Farmington, New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 10,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronw View Post
Looks good, I found these at a gas stop in Idaho years ago, they've been my favorite summer riding gloves since. Not as armored, but comfortable.

Caiman Gloves - Primax Mfg. and Trading, Inc. : Multi-Activity Gloves

I have the white goat grain, nice leather.

Caiman Gloves - Primax Mfg. and Trading, Inc. : 2980R White Goat Grain, Hi-Vis Reflective

great tips on inexpensive gloves, how much stretch in that goatskin ?

I have size 3XL hands or larger, I can usually stretch wet deerskin gloves over my hands and make them fit. even 3XL gloves are tight on me so when ever I see in expensive gloves, I hunt for the largest ones and try them on, and do my OJ in a courtroom imitation

right now, I'm on a hunt for new winter gloves, my favorite pair is getting worn are now nearly 10 years old and probably 50,000 miles on them, the throttle side is real thin on the palm, and clutch side is thinner on the fingers

I don't dare buy gloves online, I try on way more that don't fit than I do ones that fit, and to this date, I have bought almost every pair I have ever found to fit me



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

RandyO
IBA# 9560
07 Strom 1k (8x,xxx miles)
99 SV650 (135,006 miles)
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
www.gbhsurvey.com
randyo is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 09-27-2014, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Vhawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NE Alabama
Posts: 465
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyo View Post
great tips on inexpensive gloves, how much stretch in that goatskin ?

I have size 3XL hands or larger, I can usually stretch wet deerskin gloves over my hands and make them fit. even 3XL gloves are tight on me so when ever I see in expensive gloves, I hunt for the largest ones and try them on, and do my OJ in a courtroom imitation

right now, I'm on a hunt for new winter gloves, my favorite pair is getting worn are now nearly 10 years old and probably 50,000 miles on them, the throttle side is real thin on the palm, and clutch side is thinner on the fingers

I don't dare buy gloves online, I try on way more that don't fit than I do ones that fit, and to this date, I have bought almost every pair I have ever found to fit me
Check out that Ringers website. They offer XXXL. I also saw some gloves that were good to 0* and one pair to -20*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2013 DL650
2003 Victory Touring Cruiser
1983 Seca 900
1980 XS 850 triple
1971 Dunstall Norton
1970 Triumph Trophy 500
1972 Honda Trail 90
Vhawg is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 09-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Byronw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 4,824
You'll want to be careful on the Caiman then, I usually wear a Large, these are XL and fit great. They've been wet a number of times, but still fit me well, so they probably don't stretch much.
Byronw is online now  
post #7 of 8 Old 10-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Whitehall, OH. USA
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhawg View Post
I have the Hi-viz. some of the finger tips are reflective, the palms are red leather and they seem to have protection in all the right places.
R-14 Mechanics Impact
They are the Mechanics R-14
for shorty gloves, check these out. work ok for me.
Wheelchair Gloves, Wraps & Cuffs | 1800wheelchair.com

----------------------------------------
V-Strom (Suzuki DL1000) | Fuelly
JRWalker is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 10-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
PTRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington, the state
Posts: 7,437
Ah.....how will any of these gloves do when a driver does something stupid in front of you, and you're sliding along the pavement at 70 mph?

"Older people who are reasonable, good-tempered, and gracious will bear aging well. Those who are mean-spirited and irritable will be unhappy at every period of their lives.

"Let each of use properly whatever strengths he has and strive to use them well. If he does this, he will never find himself lacking."

Marcus Tullius Cicero
44 B.C.
PTRider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome