Coupon code for Madstad?? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
General V-Strom Discussion Talk about all things V-Strom not limited to just one of the above models

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-09-2014, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hill Country
Posts: 27
Coupon code for Madstad??

Does anyone have a coupon code for Madstad? They have a box at the checkout but I have not been able to locate a coupon code that works.
thanks
nujac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 09-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 145
You could always show your support for those vendors that make good products for us and pay the full price they deserve.
umfundisi is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 09-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Mastery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 705
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by umfundisi View Post
You could always show your support for those vendors that make good products for us and pay the full price they deserve.
Not to start a fight, but are you saying you have never used a coupon code when buying something online?

Nujac: I don't have a code for you, but I did have to call them about an issue a few months back. In the discussion, I asked if they ran coupon codes or had a discounted "seconds" area. They told me they rarely do coupons...but sometimes they will have some seconds, returns, or other good product available at a discount. You could contact them directly and ask them; most vendors are glad to give you a code if they are currently running any specials.

Lighten up, Francis. If you can't take some sarcasm, an Internet forum is the last place you should be.

http://www.JourneyLogbook.com - Easy to use adventure journals

Last edited by Mastery; 09-10-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added info
Mastery is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 09-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,124
Just a guess, but sometimes small vendors have codes for repeat business and such. I was happy with their service and product, so I second the idea of just calling to see what they got.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
John V Strom, Jr. is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 09-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastery View Post
Not to start a fight, but are you saying you have never used a coupon code when buying something online?
Not saying I have never used a coupon code before, but what I am suggesting is that we support the vendors who make products for the Strom community by paying a premium in return for the vendors supporting us with great products. If we continue to short change the vendors and suppliers, they will not be inclined to continue to support us by providing great products and services.

Getting and using a coupon code for repeat business is one thing, but asking others for the use of their coupon code seems like a different thing in my view.
umfundisi is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 09-10-2014, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hill Country
Posts: 27
I would like to also purchase the Madstad Windsheild. They ask you if you would like to use a discount coupon. It looks like only Madstad sells the madstad windsheild. If I have a choice of using a coupon I will always take it. They are making the offer right on their web page. It is not like I am asking them to do something they are not offering.
stromdon likes this.
nujac is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 09-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,124
I did a quick search and there was even a thread on this site about discounts in the past, but they seem more related to group buys. Not sure on the protocol here, but maybe ask Madstad about a Stromtrooper group buy.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
John V Strom, Jr. is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 09-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
PNWStrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by umfundisi View Post
Not saying I have never used a coupon code before, but what I am suggesting is that we support the vendors who make products for the Strom community by paying a premium in return for the vendors supporting us with great products. If we continue to short change the vendors and suppliers, they will not be inclined to continue to support us by providing great products and services.

Getting and using a coupon code for repeat business is one thing, but asking others for the use of their coupon code seems like a different thing in my view.
Lighten up Francis. I'm quite sure someone using a coupon code for a paltry discount is not going to send this vendor into an irrecoverable tailspin. They're probably a bit smarter than that.

How about this, you feel free to pay full boat or even throw in a couple of extra bucks since you feel so strongly about this. Put your money where your keyboard mouth is.

The rest of us will from time to time feel free to give a few less of our dollars to our corporate overlords. :biggrinjester:

2013 DL650A
2009 DL650A-Gone to a good home
2009 KLR-Gone to a good home
PNWStrom is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 09-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWStrom View Post
Lighten up Francis. I'm quite sure someone using a coupon code for a paltry discount is not going to send this vendor into an irrecoverable tailspin. They're probably a bit smarter than that.

How about this, you feel free to pay full boat or even throw in a couple of extra bucks since you feel so strongly about this. Put your money where your keyboard mouth is.

The rest of us will from time to time feel free to give a few less of our dollars to our corporate overlords. :biggrinjester:

I paid full price for my Madstad products and I am happy to do it again. I have already put my money where my keyboard mouth is...

I guess my initial point was missed.. I am not advocating that coupons should never be used, or they are a bad thing or people who used them need to be shunned. What I am suggesting, is that if you like the product and the supplier supports our community, then paying a few extra bucks goes a long way to fostering good will and supporting an ecosystem.

Madstad Engineering is not large corporate overlord. Its a small US based business with a handful of employees. Support your small businesses and help them help us enjoy what we love..
umfundisi is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 09-12-2014, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hill Country
Posts: 27
I would agree to that. Point well taken.
nujac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome