Stromtrooper Patch finally ironed on! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
General V-Strom Discussion Talk about all things V-Strom not limited to just one of the above models

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Nemisus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Bay, CA
Posts: 116
Garage
Stromtrooper Patch finally ironed on!

Thanks again to Zedex9r for these awesome patches.

I have had these for some time and finally got around to getting them on. I went a different route than most and didn't place them on any article of clothing. Instead I ironed them to the Tank Bra.

This was complete trial and error (with more error than anything) and you will clearly see its far from perfect. I had to go through 2 other patches to get it right!

anyhow here are a few shots of how it looks



Didn't get this one placed quite right...



This is one is much better but a bit off. You can see the VSTROM lettering almost sits parallel with the plastic molding. :beatnik:







For now I'll run them this way.. When I get sick of looking at them not perfect I'll try again.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Nemi

Last edited by Nemisus; 04-19-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Nemisus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 164
Very nice!

K5 Wee (Blue)
mikeg is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisus View Post
Thanks again to Zedex9r for these awesome patches.

I have had these for some time and finally got around to getting them on. I went a different route than most and didn't place them on any article of clothing. Instead I ironed them to the Tank Bra.

This was complete trial and error (with more error than anything) and you will clearly see its far from perfect. I had to go through 2 other patches to get it right!

anyhow here are a few shots of how it looks



Didn't get this one placed quite right...



This is one is much better but a bit off. You can see the VSTROM lettering almost sits parallel with the plastic molding. :beatnik:







For now I'll run them this way.. When I get sick of looking at them not perfect I'll try again.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Nemi

Looking good

Adds a real nice touch to the tank bra.

Thanks for your support
zedex9r is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
duchess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: north central texas
Posts: 817
yup!

'12 vee, '07 bandit 1250s, '15 bmw f700gs


'08 suzuki gsxr (sold)
'11 wee, (sold)
'07 honda shadow aero (sold)
'06 honda shadow sabre (sold)
'07 honda shadow sabre (traded)
'01 honda valkyrie (sold)
'07 kaw meanstreak (sold)
'01 honda shadow ace (sold)
'71 (?) honda z50 trail (first bike, wish i still had)
duchess is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Nemisus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Bay, CA
Posts: 116
Garage
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm a fan of Decals. You should see my GSXR 1000!! All tasteful of course!

Hmm.. now that's an idea? How tough do you think these would be to make as decals Zedex? Maybe even a reflective decal?

As always, appreciate the troops!

Cheers

Nemi
Nemisus is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Mastery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 705
Garage
Nice way to show your support, and looks good too.

Lighten up, Francis. If you can't take some sarcasm, an Internet forum is the last place you should be.

http://www.JourneyLogbook.com - Easy to use adventure journals
Mastery is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisus View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm a fan of Decals. You should see my GSXR 1000!! All tasteful of course!

Hmm.. now that's an idea? How tough do you think these would be to make as decals Zedex? Maybe even a reflective decal?

As always, appreciate the troops!

Cheers

Nemi
I have been promising these for awhile now, and sorry for the wait. Rest assured these will be appearing very soon!
zedex9r is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Nemisus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Bay, CA
Posts: 116
Garage
Looking forward to seeing them! And thanks for the PM with you info. I'll be getting that order in soon.

I just went out and checked on the patches and it looks like when the glue cools it no longer bonds to whatever material the tank bra is made out of. Tomorrow I will test my hand with a needle and thread!
Nemisus is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 04-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
rubenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 181
I like it. I wonder if I could iron them onto my nelson rigg soft saddle bags...

2006 DL650
Growing farkle list: Aux LED's on SW Motech Light Bar, Bark Busters, OEM Touring Screen, Bestem LED Top Case, Charging Port, DL1000 Seat, Madstad Bracket w/MP Cycles Windscreen, Pat Walsh Design Radar Shelf, Neslon Rigg CL-855 Luggage, Givi Engine Guards, Sargent seat.
Iron Butt Association Member - Qualified with 1,118 mile Saddlesore
rubenz is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 04-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenz View Post
I like it. I wonder if I could iron them onto my nelson rigg soft saddle bags...
They can be ironed on, but mainly to cloth (cotton, polyester) but don't seem to iron on to the Nylon that most motorcycle gear is made from.

I tried to iron them onto my AXO Enduro jacket, with no success.

To affix the patch to my hydration system I used Selleys Ultra Repair Glue (that is the brand here in Australia).

I went with this because it is ultra flexible & elastic, weatherproof and adjustable for 1 minute when applying the patch:



This has worked perfect so far, and no sign of the patch lifting off. I am going to do my jacket this weekend with it as well.

Hope this helps.
zedex9r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome