Nebie Strom maintenance
Newbie here. Picked up a 2004 V-Strom, off Craigs List, 10k miles. I'm going through it front to back. I don't think the previous owner did much maintenance. This evening so far:
- removed the plastic
- found and removed vacuum tips for TBS. Will get some vacuum hose tomorrow
- replaced mufflers (originals scratched from soft bags rubbing, found brand new mufflers off 2007 from another stormtrooper)
- replaced broken turn signal housing (previous owner broke housing, covered with duct tape, then spray painted the tape black! He didn't bother to mask off the fairing, so I'm trying to remove the overspray. Yecch...)
- changed oil/filter (thankfully, the old filter wasn't original)
- adjusted chain. Had so much slop, the chain could touch the swing arm.
- checked TPS, was ok
Tomorrow will get some vacuum hose to complete the TBS, and remove secondary throttle plates.
I purchased a Power Commander. I plan to download and install the map from PC for a stock 2004 V-Strom. I haven't yet opened the box for the PC. Any suggestions on installing the software appreciated.
The air filter was really dirty. Lots of dead bugs in it! The Suzuki dealer is closed on sunday. Would an auto parts store carry the Strom air filter?
I'm going to remove the wheels and paint silver. The bike is metallic blue.
Not sure what to do with the front fender. Paint the fender silver?
Also not sure about the forks. Leave them black? Paint silver? Looks like I can remove the fork tubes by simply loosening the clamp bolts. Is that correct?