i'm feeling the need to spend some money. :mrgreen:
got a full face helmet now, my rather prominent (strong
) jaw presents a problem in normal road helmets. the end of my chin hits the chin bar. also with hot summer weather coming round the bend and my general claustrophobia, a little more space would be nice.
i don't ride on slab very often, lucky enough to live minutes from some of the best hill-riding in northern cali. so i'm not to worried about visor lift.
i've looked at the arai xd's... but at $400+ i'm not convinced. besides they don't offer colors i want ... i believe bright helmets save lives!
so my attention has been drawn to mx helmets. super comfortable, huge EYEPORT, lots of fresh air, ample space for my big jowels, and way cheaper than the XD even with goggle purchase for a snell/dot bucket.... and plenty of bright colors and cool graphics.
so questions are:
1) would i look like an idiot on my V?
2) anyone wearing an mx helmet now with comments?
3) the scorpion evo vx-14 fits great on me. anyone heard anything good or bad about scorpions?
4) if scorpion ain't any good, what brands have a good rep?
5) any tips on goggles?
6) why don't i see more guys on standards, adventure, supermoto, and hooligan bikes where mx helmets?