Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sandy, Ore. USA
I think standard equipment should be:
1. Gear indicator instead of just a green Neutral light.
2. Center stand and hand guards.
3. Madstad bracket on the windshield.
4. Fenda Extenda (longer front fender).
5. Fork brace.
1. Get rid of false neutrals between 5th and 6th gear.
2. Correct the speedo to be accurate. Duh.
Other than that, one of the reasons why I got the V-Strom was it's ability to be farkled inexpensively (compared to H-D and BMW, especially). Plus, it has a huge variety of farkles available. I have damn near every option installed on my bike, and bought a variety of riding gear and two sets of Givi luggage, and still paid less than a base-model BMW GS, with arguably better reliability and lower service costs.
2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650, "The Grey Mule"
2012 Suzuki GSX-R750, "Shoot to Thrill" (sold 2017)
Author, "[URL="http://www.taesia.com"]The Taesian Chronicles[/URL]"
BLOG "[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B]Two-wheeled Astronaut[/B][/COLOR]": [url]http://www.ruckerworks.com/category/motorcycling/[/url]