Next generation models
What I would like Suzuki to work on for it's next generation of motorcycles.
- Bump up the 650 to be an 800 (keep the V-Twin, chain drive,...). Have a "standard" and "offroad" editions. The "offroad" edition should be a "real" offroad edition with wire wheels, lower gearing,... Make sure that the side bags fit the bike properly. Price accordingly.
- For the 1000, bump it up to a 1200. Add a real "offroad" edition. Add the latest electronic gizmos.
- Replace the GSX650F with a GSX800F. Make it a complete redesign to get the wet weight under 500 lbs. Make it roomy enough for a passenger. Add a shaft drive. Add all of the latest electronic gizmos (abs, traction control,...), and price a bit below Hondas VFR800.
- Replace the GSX1250F with a GSX1300F. Add shaft drive, and all of the latest electronic gizmos. Make sure that the passenger has enough room. Keep the weight under 600 lbs., and price a bit below the Yamaha FJR1300.
- Create an inline 2 cylinder 350cc standard (reminiscent of the 1972 Honda CB350). Tune for "real world" riding (unlike the Kawasaki 300). It should be modern (water cooled, EFI, ABS, traction control,...). Have multiple "editions" (sport, standard,adventure, cruise) , like Honda does with it's current CB500.
- Add a 525 triple, and 700cc four, using the 350's parts bin, to keep the price low.