I have been talking with the Iron Horse Lodge, and wanted to post some new (and old) things to expect once you arrive.
1. a new covered bike parking area, enough for 20 bikes. Not sure of the location, my guess is closer to the tent camping area right next to the Lodge (but, just a guess??).
2. Bridge was rebuilt this Winter.......I assume they meant the road bridge over the creek (and not the pedestrian bridge). I'm sure that was $$$$.
3. New bedding (mattresses) for cabin campers.
4. No more Little Playmate Coolers for rent (boo!!) for your.....ah......"beverages". Instead, Styrofoam coolers are sold in the Office.
5. Ice Machine and Soda Machines have been moved to down near the bike unloading dock, next to the Restroom Area.
6. Meals are same time, different menu each week.........Prime Rib still served Saturday (Yummy!!). They will send out a Menu Selection (via to your email, if they have it) a week before the Rally.
7. They now offer a "bike retrieval" service if you break down far, far away (from the Lodge). They also own Wolf Creek Rentals just up the road: rent yourself a Slingshot, Jeep, Can Am Spyders, ATV's. I believe Korny rented a Spyder or Slingshot last year sometime when his wife came up there. He recommended it.
8. They have assigned us a new "Group Coordinator", Becky, who will cater to our every whim........well, almost. She claims she can change out a 2009 DL1000 clutch in 23 minutes.........flat. (beat that RealShelby!!)
9. I don't know any news concerning their strength (lack of) Wi-Fi signal.........will find out when we get there.
10. The IH Website will be updated soon........stay tuned, same Bat Time, same Bat Channel (for all you baby-boomers who can remember that line).
(STCorndog.....you new avatar is now "creepier" than the girl's face you had on here previously....