I made a huge mistake coming to this event... on Friday instead of Wednesday night.
This was my first ride farther than an hour from my house, my first time packing anything on my bike, my first time riding in the rain, and my first time at the Dragon or any other road in western NC. It was absolutely amazing. I think I'm hooked. I had a great time and appreciate you guys letting a non-Strom join. I wanted to get some advice about the bikes before purchasing one... and perhaps I will show up on my own next year. I met a few great people that I hope to ride with if they're in the area. I will also forever cherish my 7th place finish in the slow speed race.
- The Iron Horse was great. I'd be happy to go back again.
- I really did make a mistake only coming for one night. I felt an obligation to ride the Dragon/Skyway ride on Saturday and missed the museum trip because of that. I'm looking forward to it next year.
- If possible, maybe the front desk could hand out a schedule to anyone who says they are here for the rally when they check in.
- I forgot who said it in the thread, but individual pictures of the riders and their bikes would be great!
- For a first timer, I was thinking there would be more organized rides. I personally would have liked an optional "main ride" each day announced ahead of time, but I can be type A like that. I think seeing that people were going on certain routes on certain days would have encouraged me to come up for longer, and I would have felt less awkward asking around to see who was doing what. If we make it clear that people aren't obligated to do those rides, I bet there'd still be a lot of people choosing to do them on those days.
- The old Bob Hoskins-looking guy camping next to me was right - a bunk house is totally worth the small amount of extra $
Again, I had a great time and hope to see everyone next year.