When: 14-17 May, 2009
Where: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, Stecoah. NC
GPS Coordinates: N35 23.358 W83 40.665
They are holding all rooms & cabins for us until the end of February, so make your own reservations ASAP. Tell them your with the VStrom group.
Their web site: http://www.ironhorsenc.com/
I'll try and answer a few common questions:
1. Folks will be arriving mostly on Thursday (14th) & Friday (15th). Most will depart Sunday morning.
2. If camping, no reservations are required. I would ask that you post your intentions in this thread so we can get a fair count for meals.
3. Wifes, girlfriends & kids welcome. Although there isn't a lot for them to do if not riding.
4. All bikes are welcome, even Harley's.
5. Most group rides will be on Friday & Saturday. GPS routes will be posted down the road a peice. Some route maps will be available at the lodge.
6. Breakfast & Dinners are served at Ironhorse (good stuff). Lunch your on your own unless prior arrangements are made.
7. Dry county, so bring your own if so inclined. Ice & coolers available for a small fee. Closest available is Bryson City, about 17 miles.
8. Coffee is available around 7AM. Iced Tea & coffee in the evenings after dinner.
9. Kickstands up around 9AM for Friday & Saturday rides.
10. There are other motels & campgrounds in the area if you procrastinate too long.
11. I am not planing any tech sessions, must ride, not work. I will have my Yosh Box with for evening tuning sessions on Thu - Sat.
12. Garry promises no rain this year.
Hope to see you all there.
Here are some other accommodations in the area of Ironhorse.
2.1 miles - Kickstand Lodge
6.2 miles - Tuskeegee Motel
8.6 miles - Freeman's Motel
11.2 miles - Nantahala Village
12.5 miles - Microtel
14.8 miles - Cold Springs Country Inn
15.1 miles - Two Wheel inn
16.9 miles - Fontana Village
21.0 miles - Treetops
22.8 miles - Deals Gap
23.7 miles - Tapoco Lodge