Amigos - Baja October 2016
Welcome to Baja October 2016
This is an open invitation to independent and self sufficient riders to share a 14 day, 4,000Km adventure into Baja, in October 2016.
Gathering in San Ysidro, Ca. on Sunday October 9th, Monday October 10th will see us enter Mexico with the following suggested schedule:
Monday: El Rosario
Tuesday: Guerrero Negro
Wednesday: Santa Rosalita
Thursday/Friday: La Paz
Sunday/Monday: San Jose Del Cabo
Tuesday: Todo Santos
Thursday: San Ignacio
Saturday: San Quintin
Sunday: Tecate and back to the USA
This is not a commercial venture, and is intended to be as flexible as possible: ride fast/ride slow, ride solo/ride in a group, get up early/sleep in, on road/off road: at the end of the day you know there will be riders waiting to share stories over dinner. All respectful motorcyclists welcome.
I've done the run twice before, and for this fall we have momentum, with riders coming from Canada and the USA.
If you've ridden in Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Saskatchewan, you'll find the two lane, 98% paved (leaving 2% for construction zones), 80kph posted speed limit roads in Baja refreshing. No seatbelts for two weeks, few traffic signals, and not one STOP sign (best to pay attention to the RED OCTAGONAL SIGNS THAT READ "ALTO" THOUGH!).
Once south of Tijuana and Ensenada, Baja is largely rural, agricultural and empty, with vast stretches of desert broken up by mountains, curves, and scenery that will make you say daily "Ooh!, Wow! I've never seen that before!" I estimate the 14 day Mexican portion of the trip can be done for under $3K Cdn - to cover food, accommodation, gas, insurance, and leaving room for souvenirs.
adventure touring without the CAPITAL LETTERS.
Respond to this thread with any questions or for further information try an email to bajaoctober2016 at that gmail thing.