Explore the beauty of Northern Greece
Live the passion of racing without the pressure!
Serres Rally 2015 introduces you to a well - organized Adventure Tour, parallel to the race.
Live the race close up but without the pressure of the competition
Feel what its like to be part of the biggest Rally Raid event in the Balkans.
Serres Rally gives you the opportunity to be part of the race living every exciting moment, from the prolog to the prize giving ceremony.
Mountains - Lailias - Villages
Ride on the most spectacular mountains on Northern Greece!
Discover three beautiful lakes and five of the most breath taking Balkan Mountains.
Ride through traditional villages of Greece.
Feel the hospitality and get a taste of different varieties of Greek cuisine.
Visit some of the most important archeological sites, from 4th century B.C.
A short distance from the cave Alistrati is the gorge of the river Aggitis known as "Straits of Stone" or "canal" where myth claims that all this is the technical work of the ancient Macedonians.
On its rocky slopes lay caves that are full of drawings from the 5th and 6th century AD, depicting animals and scenes of everyday life.This magnificent region offers exciting experiences in nature. Suitable access points are the areas of Blue Waters and Angistas station with the famous five arched bridge. Despite the relatively difficult treks the Gorge rewards all its visitors.
Uncover the calm and peace of the spectacular lake of Kerkini.
A Ramseur Convention protect landscape which hosts over 300 different kinds of bird species, the perfect setting to relax and enjoy nature at its best. Hop into a boat and discover bird watching from the middle of the lake.
One of the nicest and largest caves in Greece and Europe!
Cave Alistrati is found 6 km southeast of Alistrati in the Petroto area where all the surrounding natural landscape gives you a secret sense of power, something to prepare you for an unforgettable experience. Historically, the path to the cave is accompanied by myths and stories, as people of the region descended to its depths.
Ride beside the beautiful river of Nestos and trough the Virgin Forest of Rodopi Mountain.
The NestosRiver rises in theRila Mountains and flows into the Aegean Sea near the island of Thasos. It plunges down towering canyons toward the Aegean Sea through mostly metamorphic formations.
After riding in the mountain tops of Lailias, relax in the natural hot water springs of Agistron, with a stone-built Byzantine bath dating back to 950 A.D. with water temperature is 38° C (100° F.)
Serres is a picturesque Northern Greek city, which has retained its identity and culture. Herodotus calls it 'Siris' which derived from the word sirios, ie Sun.
Combining old charm with that of a modern urban metropolis, and retaining its humane character, Serres is a vibrant beautiful city. Central meeting point is the Freedom Square in Mpezesteni where locals and visitors meet and socialize.
Famous Byzantine churches and beautiful neoclassical buildings that have survived the test of time.
On the north side of a hill known as "Koulas" the ancient and Byzantine Acropolis is preserved. On the way to the city, the Valley of Saints Anargiri which is a magical green and natural lung for the town it hosts all the nightlife during the summer.
Serres is considered a good food destination and is distinguished for its outstanding products, flavours and traditional tastes such as Souvlaki, Soutzouki, Bougatsa, Akanes pastries and other sweets.
The one of a kind well organized Adventure Tour of the Serres Rally Team will leave you with the most unforgettable memories which will last a lifetime.
All participants will be hosted in the same bivouac along with the professional riders of the race and will enjoy the luxuries and facilities of the 5 stars Elpida Resort and Spa.
The tour includes day by day GPS analytical tracks with POIs and full GPS tracking coverage for every rider.
Some technical features:
1. 1st Day - A small round at Serres Territory, keeping a sight of Prologue of the race, 50km asphalt - 30km gravel / off road. 1h riding off road. 14:00 - 18:30
2. 2nd Day - Lithotopos, Kerkini Lake, Belles Mountain, AnoPorroia Village. 100km asphalt - 100km gravel / off road. 3-4h riding off road, lunch at AnoPorroia (1 hour) tour at Kerkinilake by boat (2 hours), return by asphalt. 9:00 - 18:00
3. 3rd Day - Menikia Lake, Alistrati Cave, Aggitis Gorge, Amfipoli Tomb, Nestos River. 180km asphalt - 120km gravel / off road. 3h riding off road, visit to Amfipoli and Alistrati Cave, then to Nestos River to follow the Rally. Return by asphalt, gravel and soil roads, late evening... 9:00 - 21:00
4. 4th Day - Lailias Mountain: BaltaTsair, Sari Yar, Snow Center Refuge, Mountain hiking. 40km asphalt - 60km. 3h riding off road uphill, lunch at Lailias Sale (1 hour), off road return downhill (2 hours). 10:00 - 16:00
5. 5th Day - Sidirokastro, AgistroHamam - Thermal baths. 80km gravel / off road - 60km asphalt. 3h riding off road, hamam at thermal springs, lunch at Sidirokastro, asphalt return (1 hour). 10:00 - 17:00
6. 6th Day - Daily Tour to Kavala Territory - Swimming at Sandhills (Ammolofoi). 9:00 - 19:00. 250km asphalt.
7. 7th Day - Bosdakas Mountain, at 1900m ridge! Chionochori (Snow) Village, a small round at Serres Territory, keeping a sight of Enduro tour of the race. 60km asphalt - 60km gravel / off road. 3-4h riding off road, 10:00 - 17:00
Total km from 500 to 1200km, 50% asphalt - 50% off road.
3rd party liability insurance.
Electricity at the paddock area.
GPS Tracks and POIs.
Roadbook from specific parts of the special stages (optional).
Full time telephone support.
Serres Rally Tour T-shirt.
Souvenir bag and commemorative metal.
Full time GPS Satellite Live Tracking System.
1st Aid Medical coverage from race Medical Center.
Visit archeological sites of Amfipolis, Aggitis Gorge, Alistrati Cave (Ticket fees not included).
Recovery - Assistance back to the bivouac in case of break down.
Activities (boat tour at Kerkini, Thermal bath a springs, Amfipolis Meuseum).
Meals at selected Greek Taverns.
Tire Service - Bike Service.
Avoid coming with thebike/quad technically unchecked.
The lights- brake light must be functional.
GPS with special base for the bike.
Full protection equipment: Helmet, Body protection, Enduroboots, jacket, gloves.
Functional mobile phone, turned on at the start of the day with fully battery charged.
Both personal and vehicledocuments (including Green Card Insurance) must be always with you.
Small Medical Personal Kit packet and a blanket.
Minimum fuel independence: 120 km and advisable is 150 km.
Off-road tires with hard compound is a good choice. Mousse is safer than tube.
International Insurance for life insurance and accidents (green card).
-Make your plans now for a completely different summer holidays.
-Explore the beauties of Northern Greece.
-Live the race from inside.
-The perfect choice for any kind of bikes & quads.
For more information please contact to: [email protected]