Weird speedometer problem - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Euro Troopers! For our friends "across the pond"

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dino M
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-24-2015, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4
Unhappy Weird speedometer problem

Hi all, just bought a low milage (11,600) 2008 vstrom which i rode home 200 miles, & was delighted with it in all aspects. However, next day, after re-fuelling, i attempted to re-set the odometer. The speedometer & odo. stopped working, just flickers whilst decelerating.
I have read numerous posts, examined all the connectors, checked the sender by the method shown in the manual, all to no avail.
The clocks perform the initial sweep on switch on.
I wonder if i have somehow altered the clock by pressing the set & adj buttons. Anyone else had experience of this, or suggestions of what else to attempt.
Thanks in anticipation!
sidleedsrugby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 08-25-2015, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidleedsrugby View Post
Hi all, just bought a low milage (11,600) 2008 vstrom which i rode home 200 miles, & was delighted with it in all aspects. However, next day, after re-fuelling, i attempted to re-set the odometer. The speedometer & odo. stopped working, just flickers whilst decelerating.
I have read numerous posts, examined all the connectors, checked the sender by the method shown in the manual, all to no avail.
The clocks perform the initial sweep on switch on.
I wonder if i have somehow altered the clock by pressing the set & adj buttons. Anyone else had experience of this, or suggestions of what else to attempt.
Thanks in anticipation!
COme on boys! No ideas??[
sidleedsrugby is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 08-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pasadna area
Posts: 13,186
I have no idea of the solution to your problem but....Your response to no immediate responses has been a trait I've noticed lately.
Some questions go unanswered for an interval, usually a short one, and the poster is seemingly annoyed.
Patience Grasshopper and good luck with the suggested answers, if they materialize.
notacop is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 08-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Dino M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 969
The button or buttons may be stuck. You should hear/ feel a slight click when depressed. Try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two.
PcolaDennis likes this.
Dino M is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 08-26-2015, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino M View Post
The button or buttons may be stuck. You should hear/ feel a slight click when depressed. Try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two.
Thanks, Dino i will give it a go.
sidleedsrugby is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by notacop View Post
I have no idea of the solution to your problem but....Your response to no immediate responses has been a trait I've noticed lately.
Some questions go unanswered for an interval, usually a short one, and the poster is seemingly annoyed.
Patience Grasshopper and good luck with the suggested answers, if they materialize.
Apologies , but this is you reading too much into it!. I am frustrated with the bike, and was just encouraging answers, whether useful or not!.
Anyhow, thanks for the reply.
sidleedsrugby is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 09-28-2015, 06:05 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
PcolaDennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino M View Post
The button or buttons may be stuck. You should hear/ feel a slight click when depressed. Try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two.
If the battery trick fails, I would also try a couple of light taps on the switch housing. This might allow them to rebound.

Good luck with your issue!

Dennis

'12 650 Adventure

Madstad 22inch Adventure windscreen & bracket
Adventuretech fork brace & mirror extenders
Enduro Guardian skid plate and radiator guard
Grab-on grips
Suzuki top box
PcolaDennis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome