StromTrooper banner

Might be returning to the Wee

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Taidog1 
#1 ·
In April of 2014, I traded my '08 Wee and my '98 Valkyrie in on a Gold Wing F6B. The F6B has suited me well, but now at the ripe age of 75 I find that an 840 lb bike ain't all that much fun to wrestle around. I really liked the Wee and should have kept it. In checking local(somewhat)dealers' inventories, I have located 3 Wees that interest me.
Dealer #1 has a 2020 listed for $8799 and a 2019 XT Tour for $9999. He had the 2019 listed for the same as the 2020 for a short time, but that promotion has ended.
Dealer #2 has a new 2017 priced at $6749.

My question to you guys in the know: Is there any appreciable mechanical difference between the 2017 Wee and the 2019 or 2020?

I think maybe dealer #1 may deal on the XT Tour even though the promotion has ended. I like the color(red) on this one but not excited about the spoked wheels.

The 2017 at dealer #2 peaks my interest because it it 2 - 3 grand less, but only if it is mechanically the same as the 2019 and 2020. I'm not crazy about the color either(white) but could probably learn to overlook that.

I'm not going to be buying right now as it has turned Winter here in Indiana, but a road trip in the cage might be in order to check out these bikes. Anything you can tell me about how these 3 bikes stack up would be much appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
#7 ·
Any thoughts/interest in buying used? Great way to same lots of money. Lots of like new stuff out there for short money.

If you are entertaining the XT variant look over the Trax panniers. Lots of folks are not in love with them for various reasons.

Good news is places like Happy Trails sells really nice pannier racks coupled with Tusk or HF version of Pelican cases will get you into a dust/waterproof durable set of hard panniers for not a lot of money, if that's you thing.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm only a year behind you and thought long and (VERY) hard before purchasing my 2019 Wee. This is my 2nd Wee - with the usual number of bike purchases between and before the 2012.

I didn't choose the '19 for any financial reasons / resale etc. I bought this one because I intend it to be my bike for the next few years - as long as I can ride it. I LOVE this bike. There's not enough room here to list all the reasons - which the regulars here know all too well.

If $ are a consideration - folks here have already advised you well. If not - pick the Wee you like the most. That's why I chose the RED 2019. There's more to liking a bike than just the ride.

Good luck with your decision. No one can choose a bike for you - but the Wee makes a LOT of people very happy.

Cheers.

BTW - if you want to visit the Asheville NC area and ride together - send me a PM. My friend rides a Harley and we're all over the beautiful mountain areas we are blessed with.

Reactions: John David
#11 ·
Asheville? Heck yeah, I've done a lot of riding in your area and hope to do more. BTW, is your red Wee an XT Tour, or a Standard?

I agree with you about buying what I want. Unless the $$ get real crazy that won't affect which Wee I get.

Take care,

#10 ·
Thank you all for your input, all good info. My next step is to decide if I will try to work a trade, sell my F6B myself or do a consignment with my dealer.
As suggested, there are a ton of good pre owned examples out there, but I generally like to buy new vehicles both 2 wheeled and 4. I've just never had a lot of luck with used ones. Just bad luck maybe.
Right now I'm kinda tossing the XT out of the equation because as I said, I don't prefer spoked wheels and I don't need panniers or any other hard bags. I use a good set of soft luggage with a rear seat bag and can carry enough for any trip I will take. I'm not a camper so that gives me all of my luggage for clothes and personal items.
So, right now I'm leaning toward the 2017 in White or the 2020 Black in color. They are at different dealers so it depends on how I get along with each one and what they will do on a trade(if anything). I'm just starting the process, so who knows how this will turn out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.