StromTrooper banner

Ravetech Mini Skid Plate

7K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Gabriel Engel 
#1 ·
I'd decided on this skid plate and went to order it, but changed my mind when I saw $33 shipping on an $90 part. I've ordered stuff from China and Thailand before and never paid that much. Is there another alternative that is similar? I want to keep the OEM plastic engine cover. Thanks

#3 ·
This is how you and I get to pay for these tarrifs - Through the increased cost of shipping from foreign
markets.

#4 ·
I went ahead and bit the bullet and paid the shipping. I think I'll like the Ravtech plate even though its not real heavy duty. At least if I don't like it, I haven't spent very much. I'm not going to do a lot of single track.

#9 ·
Seems pretty damn cheap. It would cost me almost that to ship something from MN to California.

#11 ·
I shelled out darn near 200 CAD for the Ravetech for my 2004 Wee.....it arrived fairly quickly, and I was pretty happy with the quality. However, as is typical with farkles from almost any supplier, some McGyvering was required for proper fitting (GIVI crash bars, in this case)....I am used to this, so was not disappointed.

Reactions: motohockey
#14 ·
I wouldn't think that it would be difficult. Ho much more room could be needed? But never having seen one of these I could be dead wrong.

OK just looked at one online. If the sides of the plate do not interfere with the plastic cowl when lowered washers, or better yet strips of aluminum of the right thickness with corresponding holes should work.

#24 ·
Made the same mistake here on a 2014 DL650 with Delkevic exhaust. Looked at fabricating a solution but figure to pass it on instead to someone running stock exhaust. It's a nice combo with the OEM plastic guard. Never going to make it off road but it's a bit more piece of mind for anything kicking up on the oil filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.