StromTrooper banner

TC & eng check light

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Rolex 
#1 ·
Added stabilizer to gas and ran bike on center stand. Put it in gear and revved engine a little bit to spin rear wheel, warm it up & get stabilizer thru F.I. system. Now TC and check engine lights won’t go off.? Trac control was set on 1.

#4 ·
I would think that would be far enough.

I asked the question because many times on this forum people have had similar issues but have not ridden the bike, one ride fixed all the worries.

There was a guy that changed his exhaust and the ABS & TC lights were up on his dash after many emails with the exhaust supplier they convinced him it had nothing to do with their pipe.

When he posted here I asked that same question, one short ride solved the problem, he had never noticed the ABS & TC lights don't go out until the bike has moved.

Now back to you, if it were me I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes then try the ride again, it's like a master reset and could help.

After that it is put the bike in dealer mode and check for fault codes.

#9 · (Edited)
Was the stabilizer old or a new bottle ? Marine green color or the red stuff ?

It mght take a bit of riding to get the code to clear. If it ran fine before and then after
you added the stabilizer it messed up and set the FI code.

Try riding the bike normally for a length of time and see if the code resets.

Remember the traction control monitors wheel slippage. And you ran the bike on center stand
just rear wheel turnng and not the front. You see the problem with that ?

In any case your bike did not like what you did.

#13 ·
Do you have ABS lights and TC or just TC ?

Have you tried your TC in all modes ?

The engine check and the TC could be unrelated.

The check could be a oxygen sensor showing a code because of the fuel additive.

Dealer mode will give you more information.

#11 ·
This same thing happened to me--'18 DL650XT--when I was running the bike in gear while on a stand. Code didn't clear until after several (>2-3 times) key-on-off cycles and I rode the bike for several miles. No issues since. Believe it's a code that sets when it senses the F-R ABS sensors are out of sync for an extended period of time. Assuming nothing is actually wrong with the bike, try cycling the ignition thru several start cycles and taking a 5-10 mile ride. If that doesn't do it, head to your dealer.

#12 ·
I fully agree with badjuju on this. It may just take a few operations that allow the ECU to see that
nothing is wrong NOW. There are details on this forum on how to put your bike into dealer mode.
Involves one of the plugs in the tail section (seat removed) You basically short out 2 pins with a paper clip.

Following the instructions in the thread to read the stored codes if any. Also how to clear the codes.

If this is too much for you or just not sure you want to dive in this deep- Go to dealer for service.

And good luck, Hope you get it fixed soon -hopefully it fixes itself.:smile2:

#16 ·
Have had this happen numerous times, the issue is directly related to the traction control being on when you run the rear wheel on the center stand. If you turn traction control off, you won't get those errors. Cycling the ignition quickly a bunch of times has usually cleared the code, if not, it will turn off after a while. Again, nothing to worry about.

#20 ·
Did you have the kick stand down ? (common)

That will shut the bike off.

I don't know if the later bikes have switch on the centre stand ?

The earlier bikes don't and I see no need for one, if the bikes on the centre stand it's going nowhere.

#22 ·
I have never used stabilizer and was unsure if there was too much stabilizer and not enough fuel could it throw a O2 code.

I know that some exhaust sealants will throw a O2 code and can even damage the O2 sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.