Stainless steel brake lines? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-15-2019, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
Stainless steel brake lines?

Wanting to upgrade both Front & Rear brake lines. I can’t seem to find any product availability for the rear line.

Has anyone upgraded there Rear to Stainless steel?

2017 DL650 XT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-16-2019, 12:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Here is a possibility. Be sure to enter your bike make, model, etc t verify fitment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-variety-o...a589#vi-ilComp

"There comes a time in the affairs of men, when we must take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
W. C. Fields
post #3 of 13 Old 10-16-2019, 02:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

Made in, and shipped from, China. Sorry, I would rather go with Spiegler or Galfer than take my chances with these......
I am sure that if you went to them directly, that either one of Spiegler or Galfer could make a rear hose for our Stroms.

Phil C.
2017 DL650AL Wee-Strom.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbytx View Post
Made in, and shipped from, China. Sorry, I would rather go with Spiegler or Galfer than take my chances with these......
I am sure that if you went to them directly, that either one of Spiegler or Galfer could make a rear hose for our Stroms.
In the past I was able to find 'custom made' braided brake lines from Canada. However, I had to specify all aspects of the line for as little as $20/line. They worked perfectly for over 8 years on my ZRX1200!!! Found the ad on eBay but I can't find the vendor now. These vendors are out there. Just have to look.

"There comes a time in the affairs of men, when we must take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
W. C. Fields
post #5 of 13 Old 10-16-2019, 04:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Telephone Galfer 805-988-2900. I bet a dozen donuts they have what you want.

Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT ['02 BMW K1200rs SOLD Aug '17]

Last edited by NVDucati; 10-16-2019 at 04:42 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-16-2019, 04:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

A while back I discovered a company called Hose & Fittings, etc. (www.hoseandfittingsetc.com). They don't work specifically in the automotive industry, they just seem to do hoses and fittings in general.

You send them you're stock brake line and they'll return it along with a matching custom-made braided stainless one (with modifications if you like). They're prices were crazy-inexpensive back when I last dealt with them in 2015, and the quality was excellent.

Contact them. Anyone looking for a brake line should.
richlandrick and Big Boy like this.

Last edited by brock29609; 10-18-2019 at 11:10 AM.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-17-2019, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
Thank you all will definitely look into this.

2017 DL650 XT
post #8 of 13 Old 10-18-2019, 04:46 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Adventure Tech sells Galfer lines for the Strom. Just picked up some +2's myself. The kit was real nice and had everything I needed!
Apparently I have't posted enough to get linky privileges so this will have to suffice:
adventuretech[.]biz/
post #9 of 13 Old 10-18-2019, 09:21 AM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Sorry, bad news for you.

Suzuki used a non-standard fitting on the 2012+ DL650 rear line that is not available for after market brake line makers.

A more progressive rear brake is not a bad thing though.

We have the front lines in standard and +2" lengths with black sheaths so they look stock. Clear sheaths are available by request. All at a 10% discount.
D.T. likes this.

Last edited by richlandrick; 10-18-2019 at 09:23 AM.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-18-2019, 10:47 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock29609 View Post
A while back I discovered a company called Hose & Fittings, etc. (www.hoseandfittingsetc.com). They're don't work specifically in the automotive industry, they just do hoses and fittings in general.

You send them you're stock brake line and they'll return it along with a matching custom-made braided stainless one (with modifications if you like). They're prices were crazy-inexpensive back when I last dealt with them in 2015, and the quality was excellent.

Contact them. Anyone looking for a brake line should.
Many Thanks for the custom hose fittings link. I'll definitely keep them in mind when upgrading to braided lines!

W. C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode