StromTrooper banner

Want low touring for 2018 DL650A

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Cal 
#1 ·
I am having trouble finding a low touring seat for the '18 vstrom. I live east of Sacramento Calif. 32.7" seat with my 30 inseam. Just doesn't feel secure standing and walking the bike on pavement.

#2 ·
The dealer sells OEM short and tall seats. For example, the short seat for my '18 DL1000 drops the seat height by 1.3 inches. Looks just like the OEM, but shorter.

There are other options, such as Corbin, Sargent, and custom. Others will chime in with their experience.

Me... I've ordered the OEM short seat so I can keep my yellow/black/gold schema consistent :grin2:

#3 ·
I believe that the Suzuki low seat I bought was $181 list price. But I am not really sure that it is much lower than the standard seat that has the rubber pads removed from the seat pan. I have not tried that on the low seat yet. FWIW my inseam is 28" and I was comfortable with the standard seat but then I just got off a Super Tenere.

#8 ·
I believe that the Suzuki low seat I bought was $181 list price. But I am not really sure that it is much lower than the standard seat that has the rubber pads removed from the seat pan. I have not tried that on the low seat yet. FWIW my inseam is 28" and I was comfortable with the standard seat but then I just got off a Super Tenere.
+1
The low seat is quite a bit lower than stock. Less foam.

#6 ·
I have a 30" inseam. I removed the rubber bumpers off the bottom of my 2017 Wee and wrapped duct tape around the front "fork tongues" of the seat base to push the front end down and keep the seat from rocking due to the removed 4 bumpers. Works fine. Lowered the seat 3/4" - 1".

#9 ·
Not wanting to debate anything but also don't want to give out bad info. I am back home from a trip on my GS and decided to compare the standard? vs the low seat on the V-Strom. When I received the low seat I could tell no difference between the 2 seats. I checked the part number on the bag and box that that the low seat arrived in and it was correct. I just now measured the height of the 2 seats with the bike on the center stand and at the same point on the seats and they were both 33 3/4". That was with the original seat's rubber pads removed from the seat base and the new low seat with the pads not removed. I then put them on the floor next to one another and laid a straight edge across both seats. The new seat was a little over an inch lower. But when I sit on each one and feel where the floor contacts my foot I notice no difference. I removed the rubber pads from the new seat and tried again and it seems that a little bit more of my foot is in contact with the floor. Perhaps my bike had a low seat on it when I bought it. Tuesday or Wednesday I will go to the dealership and sit on a bike in the showroom and see if it feels higher than my bike.

#10 ·
The “low” seat is definitely lower than the stock “standard” seat. I could tell an immediate difference between the two. Knees being higher was an obvious sign, along with better contact with the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.