2 Months and 4000km DL 650 2018 review - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 Old 08-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
The Aprilia Tuonos are a popular but a bit pricey choice. I have them and like them. There are knock offs some have liked. Use the search.

Adventure Tech mirror extenders with options for RAM ball mounts are nicely made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 08-13-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenny80 View Post
I am in IT as well so I know the feeling. You may just need to get a bit more seat time and get your muscles used to riding again. Or you may be more tense then you realize. When you are riding try and make a mental note to take a few deep breaths and loosen your grip on the bars, maybe shake your hands out, etc. You may also try loosening the bars off and rotating them back towards you, that might help as well.

Not much change at all, you lower the rear and then drop the forks a bit as well to compensate. It does change the lean of the bike so you may also want to get an inch cut out of your kick stand so the bike still leans properly. I'd just be careful parking it until you determine if the lowering links helped or not. They are a straight forward install.

I have the aluminium boxes as well from Givi, I forgot to add that when lowering it also moved them back. I'll attach some images for you showing your the basic idea, these are for a 1000 with Givi racks so not exactly what you need. A place like One Speed (Trevor Daley) in the GTA could likely customize something to work with your bike. It made a huge difference for my wife.

I've got my bike so well sorted for us now that I don't think i'll ever be able to part with it haha.
Wow, IT brethren - detailed, clear and precise! Thank you so much!

I cringe to the idea of cutting off pieces, but I really want this bike to fit us. I will pay a visit to these guys and see what could be done @One Speed (Trevor Daley)

Much appreciated!
post #13 of 29 Old 08-13-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh000 View Post
The Aprilia Tuonos are a popular but a bit pricey choice. I have them and like them. There are knock offs some have liked. Use the search.

Adventure Tech mirror extenders with options for RAM ball mounts are nicely made.
Much appreciated!

post #14 of 29 Old 08-13-2019, 04:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Let me tell you with stock screen and mirrors you are suffering. Ear plugs and full face with chin curtain help but not as much as windscreen and mirrors. I understand the madstad is even better.

Kfh000
post #15 of 29 Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

Check out the 2017+ 650 windscreen buffeting sticky thread. There is much written on what works or does not work for people. I wrote up a long review myself for what ultimately worked for me and the things I have tried.

Good luck, this is solvable but it might take a little trial and error to get there.

2017 V-Strom 650
2012 DRZ 400
post #16 of 29 Old 08-14-2019, 10:00 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedinoro View Post
Wow, IT brethren - detailed, clear and precise! Thank you so much!

I cringe to the idea of cutting off pieces, but I really want this bike to fit us. I will pay a visit to these guys and see what could be done @One Speed (Trevor Daley)

Much appreciated!
Trevor makes custom bikes for a living and races in the superbike class of the Canadian Superbike championship, he's a factory suzuki rider, no worries about him cutting anything it will be better then new Having said that the bike itself isn't cut, on mine the only thing that needed to be cut was the Givi rack and even then it's only a small piece to allow it to sit lower.

2018 Vstrom 1000
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad
post #17 of 29 Old 08-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

Location: Seattle in the summer and East Cape, Baja in the winter. Perfect!
Garage
Seat Concepts sells a foam seat kit with cover. I have 20K miles on mine and it makes a world of difference. Easy to install if you have a stout staple gun.
https://seatconcepts.com/collections...8+suz-vstrm650
post #18 of 29 Old 08-14-2019, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh000 View Post
Let me tell you with stock screen and mirrors you are suffering. Ear plugs and full face with chin curtain help but not as much as windscreen and mirrors. I understand the madstad is even better.

Kfh000
100% agree!!! Thanks
post #19 of 29 Old 08-14-2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhat View Post
Check out the 2017+ 650 windscreen buffeting sticky thread. There is much written on what works or does not work for people. I wrote up a long review myself for what ultimately worked for me and the things I have tried.

Good luck, this is solvable but it might take a little trial and error to get there.

I read your post, and I am definitely going to try that. I was looking for a way to mount them without drilling holes , so your idea is great.
Thanks
post #20 of 29 Old 08-14-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenny80 View Post
Trevor makes custom bikes for a living and races in the superbike class of the Canadian Superbike championship, he's a factory suzuki rider, no worries about him cutting anything it will be better then new Having said that the bike itself isn't cut, on mine the only thing that needed to be cut was the Givi rack and even then it's only a small piece to allow it to sit lower.
Will definitely visit him! If I don't have to cut anything myself, or I do not see it happening , I am good with it
Thanks for the referral!
tenny80 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode