V Strom 650 as a Police Motorcycle - Photo - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 Old 08-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Stromthusiast!

As odd choices go, Oklahoma got a Hayabusa years ago as a Freeway flyer to chase the speeders. Even sent the LEO to Super Bike school to learn how to handle it. But, he crashed anyway and put an end to the experiment.
I think the Strom makes a decent economical alternative to the HD, BMW choices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 08-09-2019, 09:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notacop View Post
As odd choices go, Oklahoma got a Hayabusa years ago as a Freeway flyer to chase the speeders. Even sent the LEO to Super Bike school to learn how to handle it. But, he crashed anyway and put an end to the experiment.
Odds are, that 'busa was a seizure under federal asset forfeiture law for drug offenses. That's almost always the case when you see a police organization running some sort of out-of-the-norm vehicle. It's much easier to justify to the local community.

For some reason it seems like local sheriffs end up driving Cadillacs and Beemers that were asset forfeitures.

If it's a good day to wash the bike, it's a better day to ride the bike.
post #23 of 27 Old 08-09-2019, 10:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

" it seems like local sheriffs end up driving Cadillacs and Beemers that were asset forfeitures"

Where you at, Mexico?

post #24 of 27 Old 08-10-2019, 12:37 AM
Stromthusiast!

Im surprised you are wondering about the skid plate being an Arizonian. Once you are out of the "city" areas its not to unusual to hit gravel roads. Trust me I seem to find them on accident all the time. Also if you are going out into the desert to chase bad guys they are handy.

It takes a lot more than a flimsy skid plate on a street bike to make an off road dirt bike. what you end up with is a street bike with a flimsy skid plate. When I first got my Wee I took a short ride off road on a dirt bike trail. when I came back I took the skid plate off and hammered it back into shape. I haven't taken it on a dirt bike trail since then. when I bought my Wee it had a skid plate on it. If it didn't have a skid plate I would not spend the money on one. what my Wee is. is a comfortable, funny looking. fun. street bike.

I have 54 years of riding street and dirt in Phx and a bunch in Colorado before that. We may end up with you showing me how to ride a dirt bike.
post #25 of 27 Old 08-10-2019, 10:53 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
I have 54 years of riding street and dirt in Phx and a bunch in Colorado before that. We may end up with you showing me how to ride a dirt bike.
Not unless your idea of fun is watching someone fall .... a lot! Well I guess that might be fun. Im out here for 14 years but all my previous riding has been in NYC. While it could be called adventure riding it's not because of dirt.

Closest I have been to dirt bike riding is the run through Apache trail to roosevelt dam.

Alex
2019 V-Strom 650XT
1982 16v Suzuki GS 750E
post #26 of 27 Old 08-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Location: Apopka Florida NW of Orlando near a twist in the road and a hill on the horizon...
Garage
Many of the under cover police officers in "Sting" raids around here use Vehicles that had been
confiscated in drug busts and other infractions where the vehicles have been seized and never
picked up from impound. They just attach blue lights to the visors and third brake light for police
action. You can tell which ones these are because the windows are tinted real dark for survailance.

Police bikes around here used to be almost entirely Harley's. Now lots of BMW's Even some motoguzzi's
and Hondas. The Sheriffs Dept mostly use the Harley's. Forrest green and white.

2017 DL 650 , Shad 23 bags, Givi crash bars, 32 watt LED aux lights , Goldwing pegs, Metalic silver front fender, Lazer cut aluminum Chain guard, Madstad 20" windshield
light smoke tint , Blu/blk Driven Racing Billet bar ends, Dbl Take adventure mirrors , Gel seat cover, Twin tool tubes, Givi 30L top case, Suzuki Engine cowl, 45 years in the
saddle and counting, Yoshimura 3/4 exhaust system simmering on low in the money oven.
AMA member, RestoRides MotorSports CEO

Our dog Trixie 7 year old Chihuahua / Min Pin mix Shelter Rescued Smartest dog we have ever owned. She's great and does lots of tricks.
post #27 of 27 Old 08-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notacop View Post
" it seems like local sheriffs end up driving Cadillacs and Beemers that were asset forfeitures"

Where you at, Mexico?
Wisconsin?

Georgia?

If it's a good day to wash the bike, it's a better day to ride the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode