My 2019 DL 650 is a little disappointing - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 21 Old 09-07-2019, 08:00 PM
PR1
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Yeah I bought an 2018 last Dec, have 2500 miles on it, did a 4 hour trip (one way) to go fishing a couple of weekends ago and overall my opinion on the bike is kinda like this.... I can't stand the buffeting, the day before the trip I put a vstream windshield on it and it didn't help with the buffeting much. You have to let the new motor break in before you jump to conclusions about the vibes... do your service at 600mi and change the oil at 2000mi, i think you will see that the motor vibes calm down, maybe not disappear but not as bad as new. I think what keeps me from becoming discouraged is the fuel mileage, the handling, the versatility and proven longevity/ low maintenance. For the past couple of years I found myself CONSTANTLY looking at all the bikes available today and always ended up back at sites like this looking at the the Strom... I'm still obsessed looking for something better on the "NEW" and "USED" markets but there's always trade offs on every bike... So, for me, this is the right setup, it checks all the blocks for me.. But then again it's very hard for me to hand over 10k or 20k for a bike... just ain't gonna happen.. So I guess I'm gonna keep this one and try to make it better, if I find some great improvements I'll share them here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode