Help needed with 15200-07810-RX0 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

5Likes
  • 3 Post By portly
  • 2 Post By mikedinoro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-10-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Angry Help needed with 15200-07810-RX0

Hello guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy this recall KIT from? (15200-07810-RX0) fuel pump o-ring
Been in contact with Suzuki Canada (they've been utterly unhelpful and useless) and several dealers which have been trying for more than 3weeks to get the parts in, but no dice

I cannot use the bike, and it is ***** ridiculous for Suzuki not to have the part available.

I can use any help I can get!!!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
The only place I can find that lists the part is a UK site. That may not help you. Sorry.

https://www.bike-parts-suz.com/suzuk.../1520007810RX0

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-12-2019, 02:06 AM
Stromthusiast!

Why can't you use the bike, is it leaking?
I rode mine around for months after I knew about the recall, and Suzuki Australia only sent me a recall letter a couple of months back for a bike that was 18 months old at the time.

When I had it replaced which was a couple of months before the letter there was no sign of leakage.
Big B, Spec and scab like this.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-14-2019, 01:13 PM
Stromthusiast!

It is my understanding that Suzuki will not sell you a kit associated with a safety recall, in this case, to cure a leaky fuel condition. Guessing you'll need to take it in to your dealer.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-14-2019, 02:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badjuju View Post
It is my understanding that Suzuki will not sell you a kit associated with a safety recall, in this case, to cure a leaky fuel condition. Guessing you'll need to take it in to your dealer.
Very true. The kits are probably not even priced for retail sale and dealers have to match kits to a recalled bike and return the removed parts often. Why not order the parts, not the kit. O ring etc.
Or if you don't want the dealer disassembling your bike bring them the tank in with your Registration so they have your Vin number to complete the paperwork. The only thing the won't be able to do is the test ride to check for leaks. Even then you can stop at the dealer after you install tank and they can check for leaks.

13 DL650 Current ride
80 CX500D
77 XS360
78 XS750
76 CB360T
post #6 of 7 Old 07-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Rider View Post
Very true. The kits are probably not even priced for retail sale and dealers have to match kits to a recalled bike and return the removed parts often. Why not order the parts, not the kit. O ring etc.
Or if you don't want the dealer disassembling your bike bring them the tank in with your Registration so they have your Vin number to complete the paperwork. The only thing the won't be able to do is the test ride to check for leaks. Even then you can stop at the dealer after you install tank and they can check for leaks.
Very true. The kits are probably not even priced for retail sale and dealers have to match kits to a recalled bike and return the removed parts often.
That is correct the recall kit is assigned to the specific bike and the recall completed paperwork get sent to Suzuki. Also the old parts get sent back to Suzuki as well.

2018 DL650AXT Mods
Corbin Seat
Garmin Zumo 396LMTS GPS
Cardo Bold JBL Comm.
SW Motech Crash Bars
Denali DR-1 Led Lights
IMS Adventure 1 Pegs
SW Motech EVO Tank Bags Micro, Engage
GIVI V47 Top Case
GIVI Skid Plate
OEM Center Stand
Zeta offset Risers
MZS Levers
Adventure Tech Mirror Extenders, Kick Stand Plate and Peg Lowering Kit
Helmet Guardian
Fenda Extenda
National Cycle V-Stream 19 inch Shield
ZETA Armor Hand guards
post #7 of 7 Old 07-15-2019, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks guys,

The bike was leaking like a hose, so it could not be ridden....
I found a local dealer who managed to source the O-Ring and did the recall and the 1000k maint
I could not be happier...

Probably against the rules to post the dealer, but simply wanted to give a shout out to Chris (the service manager who is reading the forum as well) - such an outstanding guy!

He saved my riding season as I would have had to wait 4 weeks to get the darn o-ring

Back on the bike and looking for rides(rs) in the GTA area

Cheers all and ride safe!

Mike
BC Rider and Li432Paul like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode