Vibration from rectfier/bracket on 2019XT - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

2Likes
  • 2 Post By V650

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-04-2019, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Vibration from rectfier/bracket on 2019XT

Today I carried out some vibration trouble shooting on my strom today and found that the rectifier on the RH engine side of the bike was fluttering like crazy at 6000 rpm. Basically the rectifier is held in place with two bolts and attached to a bracket as per the diagram below. Without the bike even running if I flicked the corner of the rectifier it would ring like a bell. This is due to the long bracket basically acting like a guitar string. Item 5 is the rectifier and item 6 is the bracket.

I sorted this out by putting a layer of hydro turf (jetski matting 4mm) between the rectifier and bracket. The bike no longer has any crazy high freq vibes at 6k. It is definitely worth a quick check and the rectifier is very accessible. The bracket is a crap heatsink as it gets radiant heat from the engine so I'm not worried about heat transfer from the rectifier to the bracket. The fins provide adequate cooling so all good.

V650.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rect2.jpg (185.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg rect1.jpg (219.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png NTI5MDkxOA-ecba821c.png (74.7 KB, 16 views)
TheSexyMedic and Beach like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Thanks for posting this, I've always had some intense vibrations a weird RPM's and just assumed it was the big block tires. Definitely worth a check!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode