T-Rex skid plate compatibility with a Kappa/Givi crash bar KN3101 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-23-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Question T-Rex skid plate compatibility with a Kappa/Givi crash bar KN3101

Hello Folks

New wee-strom owner from Vancouver, BC. Traded in the bonnie T100 and picked up a 2018 wee 650XT in March - NO regrets!!

My specific ask is will the T-rex skid plate work in tandem with kappa/givi crash bars - model KN3101. I cant seem to find much info online. I know some skid plates only work with their own brand crash bars.

Any advice would be appreciated or recommendations for something else. My intent is not to go log crawling but some mild offroading in the back country with some graded surface. I rather be safe than sorry - was not very impressed with the SV mototech/Givi plates.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-23-2019, 08:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

Location: Seattle in the summer and East Cape, Baja in the winter. Perfect!
Garage
I don't know but wouldn't think so. I have been communicating with T-Rex on a skid plate for 2012-2016 Wees (I have their crash bars) and they just emailed that they have changed the mounting holes to work on the earlier models. So I think any other crash bar cross member would need different mounting hole locations as well. You can email them though. They are extremely responsive. Personally I am very impressed with them. Their crash bars are built like a tank.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-23-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

thanks for that. I did reach out to them but the reply was very vague just mentioning "our skid plates are designed to mount to stock bike parts". I was looking at happy trails and their plates come with a kit for Givi/Kappa crash bar mounts.. might go that way as the price is pretty close. I've heard lots of good reviews about HT as well.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-23-2019, 09:12 PM
$tromtrooper

bc_lad, I forgot to tell you this earlier. If you've already mounted your Kappa bars, just go to the below youtube video . It is the the T-Rex skid plate install video on a v-strom. It is very good and shows you exactly where every part is mounted. It's actually one of the better videos for parts installation. Doing that should answer your question.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-24-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

[quote=BigSky;5394021]bc_lad, I forgot to tell you this earlier. If you've already mounted your Kappa bars, just go to the below youtube video . It is the the T-Rex skid plate install video on a v-strom. It is very good and shows you exactly where every part is mounted. It's actually one of the better videos for parts installation. Doing that should answer your question.quote]

Cheers Bigsky - I saw the video. Unfortunately I haven't installed the crash bar yet, it arrives next week Wednesday and i'm hoping to tackle it that weekend. I guess the challenge for me is that the type of bar I have ordered has a horizontal bar running across where the top plate of t-rex is sitting and it could clash. Some plates come with a flat plate bridge that can mount the two to avoid the clash. My best best is installing the crash bars first and then figuring out the plate Ii would have preferred it the other way around)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
skid plate , strom 650 , t-rex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode