Hazard light on 2017+ DL650? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-06-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Adventure Traveler

Garage
Hazard light on 2017+ DL650?

Not sure why Suzuki decided not to have hazard light on the USA version of the 2017 & 2018 DL650As. I believe elsewhere in the world they are still standard.

I occasionally have the need to use hazard lights. In heavy rain, in moderate fog, in construction zones, etc.

Is there an option of adding them to the Wee3? Is sufficient electrics available on stock to add a hazard switch?

Joe

2012 DL650-ADV (Black), 2013 DL650-EXP (White), 2013 Honda CRF250L, 2008 Yamaha TW200
IBA #55242, SS1000 x2, BB1500, SS2000, 50CC, National Parks Tour x5 w/ Silver & Gold, 4 Corners & Alaska, 48 plus one, Great Lakes.

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-ell-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-06-2019, 10:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

Hazzards have been added to the '19 so parts should be soon available.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-07-2019, 07:15 PM
#motoref

Garage
While I don't think you should be riding in the rain with hazards on (if you think you need, them park - and it's illegal in some states)

I do... when working bicycle races ... need them, so I modified my bike. It's SUPER simple to make them work.

You need to find the non-ground wire going to each turn signal (right and left). Splice a wire in between them - with a switch. Turn the switch on, turn your turn signal on ... and they all flash.

It's a little ghetto - but it does work (I did mine under the seat, but if you look under the beak, you can see the wires, it woudl be REALLY easy to mount a switch where you could reach it while riding. I keep saying I'm going to do that....

Scott Patton
2017 Vstrom DL650A XT
Givi Trekker Dolomiti Cases, SW-Motech Centerstand
Adventure Tech Fork Brace, Customized 4-way Flashers
Adventure Tech RAM Mirror Extenders w/RAM Mounts
Clearwater Darla Light

post #4 of 4 Old 01-07-2019, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Adventure Traveler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCondor View Post
While I don't think you should be riding in the rain with hazards on (if you think you need, them park - and it's illegal in some states)

You need to find the non-ground wire going to each turn signal (right and left). Splice a wire in between them - with a switch. Turn the switch on, turn your turn signal on ... and they all flash.

It's a little ghetto - but it does work (I did mine under the seat, but if you look under the beak, you can see the wires, it woudl be REALLY easy to mount a switch where you could reach it while riding. I keep saying I'm going to do that....
While my preference would be not to ride in the rain, it is not only a matter of stopping. You have to be somewhere you can safely stop or safely get off the road. Flashing hazards while stopped or slowing to get off the road lessens your chances of being run over. Same with fog.

Thanks for the technical info about a work around. Does this allow your turn signals to still work correctly?

Joe

2012 DL650-ADV (Black), 2013 DL650-EXP (White), 2013 Honda CRF250L, 2008 Yamaha TW200
IBA #55242, SS1000 x2, BB1500, SS2000, 50CC, National Parks Tour x5 w/ Silver & Gold, 4 Corners & Alaska, 48 plus one, Great Lakes.

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-ell-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode