Hello, new member and first Strom
Been riding for 47 years, and just got my first Strom. New 2018 650XT.
Planning a trip to Mexico soon on it. Will be doing some off-road on the trip. No single trail technical stuff, but dirt and gravel roads.
Have spent many hours researching farkles, and have come up with a tentative list. Would appreciate any pos. or neg. comments on any of them, plus any other general advice from long distance on and off-road types regarding this bike.
- ASV Pivoting levers for crash protection, that way I can keep the OEM handguards and won't need Barkbusters
- Front fender extender
- Givi 3112 removable side case racks.
- Either the Mosko 35L Backcountry Panniers, or the Givi GRT709 Panniers- still on the fence. Givi's are lockable, but Mosko has a locking strap, but that's even more weight, although the Mosko strap will lock the bag to the bike and the entrance to the bag. I hear the Moskos are fairly heavy too.
- Admore light bar
- SW Motech crash bars
- SW Motech center stand
- SW Motech skid plate
- SW Motech On-Off road adjustable pegs
- Garmin 396LMT with TP monitors
- Cortech 2.0 18L sloped magnetic tank bag. (Don't like large bags, quick release, or strapped.)
- Givi Radiator Guard
- Kaoko Throttle Lock
- OEM heated grips
- Possibly the OEM lower seat, but may just try trimming down the rubber bumpers on the bottom of the seat. 30" inseam.
2018 V-Strom 650XT
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
2015 Z51 Corvette Stingray