Hi, new member and questions
New member here. Getting ready to test ride a 2018XT 650 tomorrow. Just sold my Triumph Tiger 2018 XCA 800. Several reasons for the sale, but predominantly wanted something a litter lighter, and especially with tubeless spoke wheels. I do ADV stuff and am planning a trip to Mexico this winter from the Seattle area which will involve some dirt and gravel roads, but not single trail stuff. The Tiger also overall felt top heavy. Also, Suzuki seems to have much larger in US and out of US dealer network.
A few questions:
- How are the off-road characteristics from anyone that does forest type roads etc? Has anyone had any issues with the front forks bottoming out due to no adjustability there?
- Is there any easy way to lower the seat 1/2" - 1", without going the custom seat option? I see on the Suzuki website there's a lower seat, but it says through 2016. I have a 30" inseam and would like to get my heals closer to the ground.
- Anyone have any favorite aftermarket soft panniers? Looking at possibly Givi racks and Mosko or Wolfman or Givi Softbags.
- Anyone added the center stand? I know it makes things more convenient, but with tubeless tires, hopefully won't need to do that on a trip if just a plug is necessary. Not crazy about adding back in the extra weight. Anyone know how much it weighs?
- What other aftermarket stuff has proven useful for long distance ADV type riding.