Got my Madstad windscreen.WoW. - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 Old 07-27-2019, 03:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtk View Post
High winds in my area today with gusts up around 35 MPH. Good day for a road test I thought. Set it up with the hight and angle that looked right. Decided the real test would be without ear plugs but took some along just in case.
In the past the wind noise was really loud and I needed ear plugs. I was really surprised how quiet my ride was with the Madstad. I got up to 80 MPH against the wind and it was still good.
I got the Med Gray Tint shield 20 that goes well with my Black 2018 Wee. The guys at Madstad are great to do business with and it is made in the U.S.A.. 🇺🇸 👍
Would you mind posting the angle guide it came with. I was on their site and you can't download it that I could find.

Chris

1. 2004 DL1000
2. Next bike
3. Next bike
4. Next bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 08-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Stromthusiast!

for those interested in that windshield, heres an easy way to get 15% off (and it work at many other website too). Go to the website like you would normally do, add it to cart, check out, fill shipping and membership information and then reach the payment screen. Don't enter payment information and quit the page. Somewhere in the next 24h, you'll get a message saying you forgot something in the cart. Then later, you'll receive a 15% off your cart.
post #23 of 24 Old 08-06-2019, 12:14 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerazziMx14 View Post
On my 2013 DL650 I had
Stock screen = really bad @ any setting (head felt like it was in a paint shaker at anything over 45 MPH)
Givi airflow = about 50% better than stock
Madstad 18" Adventure = 80% better than stock (bike was tolerable with just the Madstad)
Taking it further in the quest for even further reduced buffeting:
Double Take Adventure mirrors took care of about 10%
Handguards took care of 2 or 3 % of the buffeting
Winglets took care of 2 or 3%
The remaining 4% to 6% was never cured but the bike was a lot more tolerable.
Good to know! I have a 2013 as well. The stock screen was miserable. I got a Madstad bracket and 20" screen and wish I'd gotten the 22" as they had recommended (I'm 6'2") Still, it was a noticeable improvement.
Then summer came and I realized it was HOT behind a tall windshield so took the windshield off to see if I liked that.
Still had a surprising amount of buffeting despite no windshield so I contacted Madstad to see if they would make me a shorty shield for hot weather. They did, and it's near perfect for me. It was cut so it is about one inch taller than the top of the mounting bracket. In the up position it still provides some wind protection for my chest and in the low position, Its almost perfectly clear air around my helmet. Sure, I get bugs on my helmet again, but it's better than buffeting and a much cooler ride on a hot day.

I'll be adding barkbusters soon and will look into mirror and winglet options.

Last edited by Vandergraf; 08-06-2019 at 12:19 AM.

post #24 of 24 Old 08-07-2019, 07:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToRide View Post
How tall is the 20" windscreen? Can you post a photo? My concern - I don't want any view abstraction, I am 5.11

I have GIVI airflow and sometimes it is extremely noisy.. But I like the adjustability function of it...
I have Madstad 20", I can see over it. I'm 5' 8".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode