DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jhat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
#motoref

Garage
Tall Seat?

I read its longer or flatter, or rounder, or something - and more comfy. Any real world experience?

I have the stock saddle with the sit-n-fly installed, no complaints, but the tall is under $200 - if more comfortable, I'd give it a try.

Scott

Scott Patton
2017 Vstrom DL650A XT
Givi Trekker Dolomiti Cases, SW-Motech Centerstand
Adventure Tech Fork Brace, Customized 4-way Flashers
Adventure Tech RAM Mirror Extenders w/RAM Mounts
Clearwater Darla Light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Meh... I initially liked it. I think it crushes back down to a little higher than stock.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

I hD the seat concepts tall seat and it was awesome
Now i have an addox tall seat and its awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have the tall seat. It does not have as much curve, both fore and aft as well as side to side as the stock seat. It is both flatter and taller for the rider, the pillion portion seems to be the same on both seats. It is both taller as well as flatter side to side so it feels bigger than just the hight difference alone would suggest. I found the foam to be a touch softer than the stock but I have not noticed one seat compressing down more than the other in the time I have had them.

I have about 6000 miles on the stock seat and 2500 or so miles on the high seat. I found for stock seat ok for all day rides but I prefer the tall version. I find the shape of the tall fits my backside better and the added leg room is very welcome. I put the adventure tech peg lowering kit on right away when I purchased the bike and I find the combination of lowered pegs and the tall seat to be a very comfortable. For the record I am 61, 180 pounds, skinny boney ass and have a 35 leg inseam.

I have also tried an Airhawk and a bead rider on the stock seat, I did not like either. I liked the added height of both accessories but neither choice was comfortable on a longer ride. The Air Hawk pushed on sensitive soft tissue places of me that I do not want to be pushed on and the beadrider just became a torture device on my bony ass after a few hours. I prefer the stock seat over having either of these two accessories and I prefer the tall seat over the stock one. Could another tall seat be more comfortable, I suppose so but the tall Suzuki seat is perfectly fine for me so I am no longer looking for anything else. I would not go back to any stock height seat however, the added room for my legs is just too important.
TheCondor likes this.

2017 V-Strom 650
2012 DRZ 400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode