The windscreen and buffeting thread for the 2017+ DL650, the only one! - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2017+ DL650A - 2017 (L7) and later

135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

The windscreen Givi is already going to buy on ebay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg givi.jpg (13.0 KB, 134 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

GIVI AF3112 Airflow Screen for Suzuki DL 650 2017 but seems like not yet available. The joys of buying a new model .... the waiting game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg givi-AF3112-screen.jpg (14.5 KB, 92 views)
Old 08-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Stromthusiast!

Question 2017 Wee Weather Protection

Hi all,

I'm thinking (maybe obsessing) about buying a 2017 Wee to be my daily commuter but since I live in the Seattle area I'm wondering about how well the windshield and fairing keep the wet off you?

I see Suzuki is claiming improved weather protection from prior years, does anyone have first hand experience? I'm an Aerostitch aficionado so I'm not afraid of getting wet but there are still limits.

Thanks.
Old Time Rider likes this.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

I test rode a new 18 I thinK Sat.? May have been a 17 at a demo Suzuki set up. Liked it a lot but mid range the only better by enough to tell easy over my 011.No rain but have a 22 on my 011 now and its a bit better.I ride all year and in a lot of rain.My Klim gear is what keeps me dry. It was not as ugly as most with a nice yellow and wire wheels with a match color.Still not real good looking as are about all on/off IMO.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
It's not a goldwing, you will get wet. Most of it will be blown aside and over top though. I wasn't truly happy until I fitted a Givi Airflow.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

2015 VSTROM 650 X ABS EXP
Previous rides: 2012 KLX250S, 2006 VT1100C2, 2002 KX125, 1999 SV650, 1987 GPZ305
Bikes I wish I had: Ducati 916, Harley Road King, KTM 500 EXC, BMW R1200RT, Honda CRF1000L, BMW R75
Old 08-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Stromthusiast!

In the rain, nothing I've had will keep you dry unless you are wearing rain gear.
Some bike are better, some riding gear is better. AeroStitch?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Stromthusiast!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcham View Post
It's not a goldwing, you will get wet. Most of it will be blown aside and over top though.
Sounds like it does a pretty good job, thanks!
Old 08-28-2017, 10:36 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I just bought a 2017 650xt and after not having more than an enduro for the street it seems to me like I'm getting a lot of buffeting. When I bought it the windshield was already on the highest setting so I tried the rubber washers then 2 the 3 and still don't like it and I'm only 5'-10" so I don't no how you taller guys can be on the low settings. Usually ride with a dual sport helmet with visor but tried a street bike helmet with same result , I guess it cant hurt to lower it at this point
Old 08-30-2017, 11:58 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

has anyone tried buying the Givi AF3112 from an overseas source (for shipment to the US?) I've seen them showing up on a few UK sites but just curious if anyone had done it yet (and the shipping costs, and customs/duties costs, if any)?

tkx

Dh

PS...I did call Givi US and they basically told me it was LIKELY a 2018 availability (at soonest) for the US market
Old 09-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I do recall reading an article on motorbike windshield aerodynamics which stated that buffeting can be considerably reduced by allowing a degree of air to travel below the screen, rather than trying to deflect all of it over and around. When any large slab is put in the air-stream, it causes a vacuum behind it. The air rushes into this vacuum - this is the buffeting and extreme turbulence.
By allowing some of the air to pass up through the base of the screen, this vacuum is reduced and along with it the buffeting. That's the theory at least.
There are some kits available for this (but I'm sorry despite searching I can't re-locate them), but I had the idea of simply buying some long (1") spacers and longer bolts and trying to move my screen outwards to simulate this. For the cost of the spacers and bolts, it's a cheap option to try. Also as a previous poster said, you can try having longer spacers in the top fixing and slightly shorter in the lower fixing which will change the screen angle slightly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in