Tool tube - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Tool tube

Would like to fit a Tool tube on the left hand side of the bike opposite the exhaust has anybody designed a bracket or any kind or fitting yet ? Dan Vesel manufacture a pannier rail for soft luggage that you could fit one to but it looks a bit unsightly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Stromthusiast!

I'm interested to hear replies, as I'm planning on installing a tube as well.

2012 DL650 "Bevo"
post #3 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
If you have pannier racks you can do what I have and make one out of PVC and attach it to the inside of the pannier rack.
If you put a fishing line swivel thingy on the screw on cap you won't leave it on the ground accidentally and ride off without it.

post #4 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Stromthusiast!

Are you looking for a standalone tool tube bracket for the left side that doesn't bolt on to pannier mountings, ... like this?

That's the larger tube (16" long, 4" diameter) that I got from Dan Vesel's V-Strom Accessories. I found them through a link another Strommer posted here in an earlier, related thread. It mounted very easily using the stock bolts to the bolt next to the seat lock and the left side passenger pegs.
post #5 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

That looks good ive made a tool tube, would you be kind enough to let me know how much the pannier rack was from Dan Vesel, i presume they would post to the UK ? thanks
post #6 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Stromthusiast!

We have a tool tube with mounting points at each end and a set of adjustable hardware t mount it to different locations.

The tool tube loos like this:

The adjustable hardware looks like this:

They are most commonly combined to mount to the inside of side carriers like this:

There was one guy on a Strom who mounted 2 tool tubes on the opposite side of the exhaust like this:

Kev
post #7 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Stromthusiast!

I used long stainless steel hose clamps to hold the home made tube to the Suzuki bag mounts.
post #8 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Stromthusiast!

Kev,
Can you post the Twisted Throttle part number for the tube set up posted in the above photos? Thanks
post #9 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 AM
$tromtrooper

Numerous threads on Tool Tubes already, but I never tire of seeing new ideas here. Personally, I made mine from 4" x 18" long PVC. Wondering if anyone has thought about using aluminum (or plastic??) rectangular gutter materials for a tube?? The ends caps would take some "ingenious thinking", but a square (or rectanglular shape) would hold more tools than a round tube. A circle is nothing more than a square with its corners loped off.......loosing valuable storage space in the process!! I would think someone (??) with sheet metal fabrication skills/tools could produce "custom-shaped" tooltubes where every available square inch is utilized by the shape of the "tube". Again, an easy-to-open end cap would be a challenge to design......but you guys are alot smarter than I am..........sure it could be done.

www.easternvstromrally.com
Over 100 Attendees at the May 2019......already planning it for 2020!!
post #10 of 41 Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

I got the tool tube/saddle bag stabilizer from Dan Vessel. The tube is 4" in diameter and about 1.5 feet long. Holds alot. Has a neat compression cap and totally water tight. $99 inc. shipping to the US. Check it out. Do a web search for Dan Vessel. Highly recommend this farkle from Dan.

2009 DL650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode