The wife finally gave in! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

The wife finally gave in!

Hey everyone -

So my 52 mile commute just got waayy better! One week into the DL650 Adventure, and loving it!

The last bike I rode was my dad's Honda CB750-4 from 1970-something. Too bad I don't have that anymore!

I started to legally ride at age 14 with a learner's permit in Iowa (ah the good ole days when that permit let me ride within eyesight of a licensed rider!). That was nearly 30 years ago. Last real riding was 20 years ago, and up until the last few months, I had been vetoed from getting one by my wife.

Finally changed her mind when the monthly gas bill started getting up towards $600!

Only 500 miles on it so far, but I'm imagining thousands, and the wife (now knowing its not a crotch rocket) has even agreed to take a few shorter trips (for now!) on it.

Look forward to lurking around here gaining more knowledge about the bike and perhaps meeting some of you all in the future.

Take care!!
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I got my first bike at 8 (rm80). I then moved onto larger dirt bikes until buying a Ninja 250 in my early 20's, until I sold as I started my family. 19 years later I wanted a bike. Researched, looked, researched, looked, until the wife said this is the one and i drove out of the dealership with my new V-Strom 650 adventure. Best decision my wife made for me. I have got 200 miles in a day in a half. Looking around for what I want to add.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

2012 V-Strom Adventure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode