Amazing Machine - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Amazing Machine

Hey everyone. I'm somewhat new to dual-sport, and a friend suggested your forum. Thanks for all the great info.

I bought my 2012 Dl650 about a month ago, and took it out last weekend for my first "adventure" ride. I've owned MANY bikes in the past, but I had more fun on this ride, than I've had in ages. I actually got into some stuff that I didn't intend too, but the bike handled great. Zero issues.

I did up a video if you're interested.

Todd Mittness
Owner - The Helmet Harbor, LLC
Chandler, AZ 85225
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

nice video

Thanks for posting your video Todd. Looks like you are already thoroughly enjoying your vStrom. Welcome to this forum. My wife and I were in AZ earlier this year and very much enjoyed the diverse scenery, as you mentioned AZ has, but I have no idea where Haigler Cr. is at. Looks like it was a good ride for the strom though.

Gary

[COLOR="Orange"]'12 vStrom650[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]'04 KLR650[/COLOR]
post #3 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

Lots of great gear, ride and location coverage. Thanks for sharing it!

—BrutusFly

post #4 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks guys

I had a ton of fun, and thanks for the welcome guys!

I was actually @ a point that I wasn't riding @ all. In 20 years, the last year was the first without a bike. A friend insisted I needed a Strom, and the rest is history...lol. I sat on one the next day, and bought it the following week.

Super glad I went with the 650. I'd always progressed to bigger and bigger. This was my first step back, and I'm 100% happy. I never craved any additional grunt.

For my mental health, I hope to do 2 weekenders a month. Visit some places that I wasn't able to see before. I like doing the videos, and they're a great way to remember the rides in my old age... When I do the next one, I'll be sure to post it up.

Todd Mittness
Chandler, AZ 85225
post #5 of 8 Old 08-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Stromthusiast!

Great video

It's a great video: fun to watch and nicely edited. Thanks for sharing.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azweestrom View Post
Hey everyone. I'm somewhat new to dual-sport, and a friend suggested your forum. Thanks for all the great info.

I bought my 2012 Dl650 about a month ago, and took it out last weekend for my first "adventure" ride. I've owned MANY bikes in the past, but I had more fun on this ride, than I've had in ages. I actually got into some stuff that I didn't intend too, but the bike handled great. Zero issues.

I did up a video if you're interested.
I have been flirting with the idea of a new bike for about three years. Part of my flirtation was browsing in this forum. I recently passed my 600 mi break in, it is everything I thought it would be and some.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"[/FONT]
post #7 of 8 Old 08-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

Great video, and nice over view of the area. I'm going to ride down there with my wife on our 650. Friends of ours have a home in Anthem, so we are hoping to do some touring all around the place.

The temps are very high, so I guess a mess jacket is in order.

Thanks again.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-18-2012, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

You'll have a blast. September is the month we all start to celebrate... The average temp during the day drops below 100, and the mornings start to cool off a bit. Head to Walmart, or look online for a product called "MistyMate". Get one large enough that you feel comfortable putting down the front of your jacket, or in your tank bag. It's a personal misting system. Pump it up, clip the mist nozzle to one of your handlebar cables (or tank bag). Turn it on as your moving. The mist will drift over the both of you, dropping the temp about 20 degrees...

Todd Mittness
Chandler, AZ 85225
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
new dl650

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode