Sounds your bike makes... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Sounds your bike makes...

I'm still in my break in period, currently 300+ miles. I'm curious if y'all have noticed some things such as - rattling of the Trax boxes. I hear some rattling from the left one. I took it in to get it adjusted/tightened. I can't get any motion by hand that would narrow down the exact contact point, by hand it seems that everything is snug. Also, when I put it in neutral during idle it sounds...different. Specifcally, there's a subtle but audible sound difference. Not quite a rattle, not quite a grind, just a different "unsmooth meshing" type sound. Any thoughts, feedback?

Thanks in advance,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have noticed some creaking when using the front brake and wondered if it has to do with the ABS?
post #3 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

The box sound is because of the mounting setup... or so I am told. I have the same noise and traced it back to there. I plan on getting some rubber pad in between.

I think the neutral noise you speak of is normal. My SV had it and so does my buddy's DL. So I hope its okay since my 12 DL650 has it too...lol

post #4 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

mine sounds pretty much like this 2011 in the video......normal......

Start up v-strom - YouTube

Startup noise on 2011 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 ABS - YouTube

2012 DL650 Adventure
post #5 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huli View Post
The box sound is because of the mounting setup... or so I am told. I have the same noise and traced it back to there. I plan on getting some rubber pad in between.

l
I don't think you need a rubber pad. I had a similar noise and adjusted the mounting bracket...no more noise.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Stromthusiast!

I've noticed a few members who have mentioned experiencing a rattle with the stock luggage set up. What type of riding are you doing when you're hearing the rattle? I've been on some pretty rough roads with mine and have yet to hear a rattle, loaded or empty.

I dont want a pickle I just wanna ride my motorcicle And I don't want a tickle I'd rather ride on my motorcicle And I don't wanna die Just wanna ride on my motorcy......cle. -Arlo Guthrie

Current ride:2012 DL650ADV
Past rides:
74 H2 750, 82 Maxim 650, 94 GSXR 1100, 92 Katana 600, 90 KX 500, 92 XR 250
post #7 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
I've noticed a few members who have mentioned experiencing a rattle with the stock luggage set up. What type of riding are you doing when you're hearing the rattle? I've been on some pretty rough roads with mine and have yet to hear a rattle, loaded or empty.
Just plain ol' riding on the road. The boxes are empty for now. I understand that this might make it more prone to noise.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"[/FONT]
post #8 of 11 Old 08-04-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankinaway View Post
I have noticed some creaking when using the front brake and wondered if it has to do with the ABS?
I'd bet a six pack that front brake creaking does not have anything to do with ABS. I'd bet another six pack that there's people who know more about that than me.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"[/FONT]
post #9 of 11 Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Stromthusiast!

Maybe it's the sound of those six packs you hear rattling in your luggage Lloyd. That is a sound I hear from time to time.

I dont want a pickle I just wanna ride my motorcicle And I don't want a tickle I'd rather ride on my motorcicle And I don't wanna die Just wanna ride on my motorcy......cle. -Arlo Guthrie

Current ride:2012 DL650ADV
Past rides:
74 H2 750, 82 Maxim 650, 94 GSXR 1100, 92 Katana 600, 90 KX 500, 92 XR 250
post #10 of 11 Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
Maybe it's the sound of those six packs you hear rattling in your luggage Lloyd. That is a sound I hear from time to time.
Not likely, I've got both of 'em wedged in there pretty good with ice, ice baby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode