sasquatch needs help - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

sasquatch needs help

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Picked up my new Adventure last week. LOVE everything about the bike except the freakin under 5000 rpm break in period which I'm struggling with on a daily basis. Thank you all for convincing me that the DL650 was the way to go. I took a 25 year hiatus from riding so before I can farkle, I'm still trying to get myself set up with basic gear. I'm good to go with the exception of some decent boots. With a size 14 foot, and most manufacturers either running a size (or two) small, or not even offering anything in a 14, I'm having a hard time finding anything. Are there any other bigfooters out there that can offer any advice on a specific boot that they've had good luck with and where they found it. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Stromthusiast!

Not sure this will help but I live near the Motorcycle Superstore in Louisville, Kentucky. Their outlet store usually has both bigfoot and ballerina sized footwear that did not get ordered. They had a good selection of quality boots in 12 to 14 size range and great deals last time I went.

Not sure if they are available on line. I use heavy leather work boots about half the time I ride.

2000 Red Honda XR 400r
2003 Green Honda Rincon 650 ATV

If it is not broken, it can still be fixed
post #3 of 4 Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Stromthusiast!

Try Revzilla.If it does'nt fit you get a one time free exchange.Great customer service.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

Work boots have been 'working' for me since the 60's but no boot is perfect--you must make sure the laces don't trip you after coming to a stop--also many aren't waterproof enough for riding in the rain. I carry some plastic booties for when its real wet.
My feet are not only 14's but they are thick (fat?) so even finding 14's STILL won't work usually. But I can find work boots that are comfortable at least, and then I figure out all the other solutions to problems as they arise. It's always somethin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode