Picked up my new 2012 Wee-Strom today! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-21-2012, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Picked up my new 2012 Wee-Strom today!

Hey y'all,

Well I picked up my new Wee today and rode it all day in the rain and had so much fun!!! I had to do a couple of things to the bike so that I could reach the ground and am still on my tippy toes. I installed the Kouba Links (so cool that the color of the links match the color of my bike and are nicely inscribed V-Strom). I got the adjustable side stand and the center stand for the lowered bike. I am still going to purchase the low seat as I could use 20mm lower - that would get me on the balls of my feet where I am comfortable. I am getting some wind buffeting with the stock windshield so I will look at other options. I also put in the power socket, GPS ram mount, lower OEM skid pan, and I ordered the accessory bar, chain guard and adventure aluminum panniers. So I am getting it all set up for touring. Nice that the made the ugly warning stickers easy to peel off this time without a hairdryer. They didn't leave any residue behind at all. I am also getting motolights. I did not get the top case because I prefer my Kriega US-30 bags (s) on the backseat and luggage rack. Will be ready to tour!

frosty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1439.jpg (94.1 KB, 60 views)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]2012 V-Strom 650[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

I dont want a pickle I just wanna ride my motorcicle And I don't want a tickle I'd rather ride on my motorcicle And I don't wanna die Just wanna ride on my motorcy......cle. -Arlo Guthrie

Current ride:2012 DL650ADV
Past rides:
74 H2 750, 82 Maxim 650, 94 GSXR 1100, 92 Katana 600, 90 KX 500, 92 XR 250
post #3 of 11 Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome from someone who has had their Wee for 24 hours! Quick question, whats the lower engine guard made from, plastic or metal? Thanks!

post #4 of 11 Old 07-21-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

They are plastic but surprisingly good quality.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]2012 V-Strom 650[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 11 Old 07-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks, they really complete the look of the bike, wish it wasn't so expensive.

My Fleet:
2012 Suzuki DL650A
99 Suburban 2500
62 CJ-5 scatted around the garage
85 yota truck, reliable beater
97 Plymouth Breeze, kid's car
post #6 of 11 Old 07-21-2012, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

It is over $200 but I think it's worth it and does help to protect the oil filter. I decided it was worth spending the $$. I can hardly wait till tomorrow to get back on it and ride some more. If I could I would roll it into my living room and camp next to it tonight I would, lol. Once I get my adventure panniers I will be going motorcycle camping up in the Smoky Mountain National Park!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 11 Old 07-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Stromthusiast!

How much are you paying for the adventure panniers and their racks? I'm about to get an adventure and I want to get a GIVI set, I'd sell you these for less than what you're paying at the dealer. I live in North Georgia, PM me if interested.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-22-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

They were almost $1200 but I am going to cancel the order. Talked with two guys on Wee's today in the mountains who had lowered their bikes with the Kauba links like I did, and they had bought the Adventure bags. They said when you make a sharp right turn not only do the bags scrape, but even without the bags on the mounts scrape. I looked at a set today and I like the bags but not the racks. They are a lot further away from the bike then they need to be. I don't care for the design of the racks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #9 of 11 Old 07-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Stromthusiast!

Well if you decide to change your mind on them, let me know ASAP, I'd be happy to sell them to you for half that.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome from another SE boy. Rode Fort Mtn, Blue Ridge, GA, Ocoee yesterday. Beatiful day, 1st day of no rain in weeks.

04 DL1000, PCIII, Cee Bailey Shield, Center Stand, Bestem Top Box SOLD.
2012 DL650, Cortech Tank Bag and Tail Bag, Richland fork Brace, 16T front sproket, GPS mount, go-cruise, cramp buster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode