Hello from Winston-Salem! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-21-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Hello from Winston-Salem!

Glad I found this site earlier this week. Spent a lot of time reading posts about the wee this week and yesterday at 4:30, took delivery of a 2012 Wee!

Show room glamor shot

This is my 3rd bike, started with a 71 Honda CL 175 last year that I rebuilt and learned to ride on. Then a few moths ago sold that and got an 89 Kawi EX500. The HP difference was incredible, but it turns out a 6'4" guy like me doesn't fit too well on the EX. Wrists would ache and my hands would be numb from the buzz of the parallel twin. Been researching adventure/ dual sport bikes for a few weeks and settled on the Wee due the comfort & features and price. So far I have 80 miles on her and can't get over how smooth she runs and how comfortable the riding position is.

Here I am leaving the dealership

Plans for the bike include a center stand in the coming weeks, perhaps a skid plate, sorta completes the lower end of the bike IMO. I want to track down the connection on the wiring harness for the 12V power adapter. I have a voltage regulator and USB port I want to install to charge my devices. I have a tank bag arriving Monday. Eventually get some luggage for the bike. I want to get out and do some exploring with this bike and fortunately for me the BRP is 1.5 hours away! Later this week I'm taking the bike to Emerald Isle. Got a buddy riding his bike down (Honda CB1) with me and free place to stay at his families rental house.

My teenage daughter who has been completely indifferent to my motorcycle fascination thinks the bike looks really cool, and now wants a helmet and jacket to go ride with her "Padre!"

Anyway, hello and I hope to see ya out on the road!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome to the club, I'm not too far away in Va Beach and we go to the OBX also.

You've picked a great all around motorcycle. I hope you enjoy your Wee as much as I have!

(The best color BTW!)

'12 DL650A VStrom
post #3 of 3 Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome fellow North Carolinian.

I dont want a pickle I just wanna ride my motorcicle And I don't want a tickle I'd rather ride on my motorcicle And I don't wanna die Just wanna ride on my motorcy......cle. -Arlo Guthrie

Current ride:2012 DL650ADV
Past rides:
74 H2 750, 82 Maxim 650, 94 GSXR 1100, 92 Katana 600, 90 KX 500, 92 XR 250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode